The Guitar Jam Eulogy Thread

You guys missed out on the "old days." Back when I joined HC I believe there were 5 forums: OJ, Guitars, Bass, Keys and Drums and there were no moderators up until about 1991 or 92.

Imagine that.

When DID you join HC? And did it look like this?

BBS_TRS_80.jpg

bbs2.jpg

I'm actually a little nostalgic for those days.

Except for tying the phone line up :embarrassed:

I think I first came to HC in the mid 90s. I kind of left when they had the first big forum format change, but wandered back in. I remember when I left it was mostly John Ou and Carl arguing about who was the bigger prick, and if "Anderson guitars" and "tremoverb" were acceptable responses to every post.

Man, can't a guy make an honest mistake??

I think I joined HC around 1999 and I meant "unmoderated until about 2001-02" smart asses.

When did SN start the war against music?

He wasn't around for the First Great War On Music, back then it was dmattrape. Can't remember who started it but it was an epic and bloody struggle that raged on for years.

I think I first came to HC in the mid 90s. I kind of left when they had the first big forum format change, but wandered back in. I remember when I left it was mostly John Ou and Carl arguing about who was the bigger prick, and if "Anderson guitars" and "tremoverb" were acceptable responses to every post.

The names change but the game stays the same :embarrassed:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?p=37072066#post37072066

This kind of cracked me up for some reason:

Hi,

Some thoughts/questions about the new forum:

I've been checking out HC for a long time now, and decided to join based on 2.0 and the changes coming, seems exciting! Onto my question I mostly check out Electric Guitars but I noticed how many sticky threads take up the first page. Is it possible to have a sticky thread perhaps? So that page one can offer more space for some new thread topics? Also, when 2.0 arrives will those super large threads where personal clicks have formed be done away with and locked finally when they get to big?

Examples:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1801550

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2309978

I have nothing against the idea personally that friendships have formed in these specific threads personally, but I just don't see the reasoning why they need to be bumped on the first page since it's only a few people who use them haveing cnversations with one another. Maybe move them elsewhere? Doesn't seem inviting to new users, if anything kind of confusing in a way.

Last question, will the Amps forum ever become solely about information about amplifiers? Not too clear on why off topic threads and again "click like" mentality is tolerated since HC is about building a serious music community for information in said sections. Again nothing personal, but there are other off topic sections offered I just never understood why someone needing real info about something as important as amplifiers can't seem to get any serious answers in an often immature environment.

Thanks

If they brought it down to one forum don't you think it would kill the appeal for a bunch of folks? EG, amps, effects all seem to have "native populations" that never venture into the other forums....might not "play well with others" either....OJ they can keep messedup0

I thought about that for a bit. I don't know about killing the appeal, but I think having one section would make for more anarchy than there already is. Seems that the moderators have little control... my appologies if that is an incorrect view. Phil does a good mod job on the FX section. At least here, people pretty much stay on topic and are civil about posting....whatever it may be about.

Back