The Guitar Jam Eulogy Thread

I'm guessing we will all lose our post counts again, like the last time they 'upgraded'.

It would be awesome if they came back with no OJ, no Guitar Jam, no Acoustic Guitars, and just one "Guitar" forum.

They should also consolidate the recording forums and get rid of the songwriting forum.

It would be awesome if they came back with no OJ, no Guitar Jam, no Acoustic Guitars, and just one "Guitar" forum.

They should also consolidate the recording forums and get rid of the songwriting forum.

If they brought it down to one forum don't you think it would kill the appeal for a bunch of folks? EG, amps, effects all seem to have "native populations" that never venture into the other forums....might not "play well with others" either....OJ they can keep messedup0

That would kind of suck I think, you'd have 1/3 completely immature poop/pee/fart fans, 1/3 uber serious "I won't play a guitar that costs less than $4,500" guys and 1/3 of whatever the hell we are.

If they brought it down to one forum don't you think it would kill the appeal for a bunch of folks? EG, amps, effects all seem to have "native populations" that never venture into the other forums....might not "play well with others" either....OJ they can keep messedup0

It might. Would I care? Probably not. I'm not interested in what ChuckyB thinks about national health care, et cetera.

That would kind of suck I think, you'd have 1/3 completely immature poop/pee/fart fans, 1/3 uber serious "I won't play a guitar that costs less than $4,500" guys and 1/3 of whatever the hell we are.

The turf war would be epic... and moderated by someone other than me. :)

We started that way and divided the forumz at the behest of the members.

:grin:

The "members" have been wrong about so many things that your point eludes me. :grin:

Point taken.

But at that time, HC had quality ownership. It was a good move. The forum divisions improved the overall experience. That might have changed somehow due to the atmosphere generated by these "factions" that have developed, I dunno.

Point taken.

But at that time, HC had quality ownership. It was a good move. The forum divisions improved the overall experience. That might have changed somehow due to the atmosphere generated by these "factions" that have developed, I dunno.

That was a problem for a while, but most of the "problem" forumites eventually migrated to "Rive Luckus".

Back