The Great Deals Thread

I called three local stores and they’re asking $200 for the RVC. They must be dumping these at certain locations. Although $200 is still a good price for a 5-watt tube amp with an effects loop.

Guitar Center posted the complete holiday sale listing to the web site this morning. It looks pretty shitty by default. But view it sorted by price and you’ll spot a lot of nice deals.

Well, out of the box the thing is a can of bees. ZERO headroom with humbuckers It would be a nice thing to pick up for modding, or if you really want high-gain tone at bedroom levels; otherwise, I'm kind of sorry I mentioned it :embarrassed:.

I'm going to stop by after work and see since I pass one anyway. LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Just stepped out of GC in Springfield, NJ. No evidence of the amps. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen them here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

If I lived near that store I’d buy them all and sell them on Craigslist for $150 or more. That was actually my plan—two for the kids, every other one to resell. Oh well.

How is the clean sound on this?

From what I remember, it stays very clean for a while, but I did unload mine about 3 years ago, so it has been a while. It has a master volume so it can get crunchy on its own, but I played it clean and hit it with dirt pedals for the crunch.

From what I remember, it stays very clean for a while, but I did unload mine about 3 years ago, so it has been a while. It has a master volume so it can get crunchy on its own, but I played it clean and hit it with dirt pedals for the crunch.
I need new amps for the classroom that have some clean headroom...this is tempting.

I need new amps for the classroom that have some clean headroom...this is tempting.

I only sold mine because we were getting ready to move that and I had my eye on a Vox AC15 head (turned out I liked the Kustom better, but then again, I don't play well with EL tubes). I don't know how long they will have them, but I had mine expressed shipped, so hopefully I will have it Monday or Tuesday. I can let know if my memory is correct with this one. Maybe even shoot a video with my iphone. Not that it will sound that good.

I only sold mine because we were getting ready to move that and I had my eye on a Vox AC15 head (turned out I liked the Kustom better, but then again, I don't play well with EL tubes). I don't know how long they will have them, but I had mine expressed shipped, so hopefully I will have it Monday or Tuesday. I can let know if my memory is correct with this one. Maybe even shoot a video with my iphone. Not that it will sound that good.
If I get then it'll probably be today to take advantage of the sale. I'll look on YouTube for demos when I get home...,

I have one, bought it when they hit the market. Fantastic combo.

Note-There are two models, I have the first. I believe they changed the speaker, but I'm sure they made some other changes, so I can't comment on the second model.

I bought a '72 Coupe and a V15 when they were blowing them out a couple of years ago. Both were great for what they were, and especially for the money. Kinda wish I had that 72 back, but realistically it was way large and way loud; sounded good, though, and was MIA. The Defender 50 is MIC IIRC, but would not hesitate to pull the trigger - I actually would have if something else had not been delivered yesterday...:grin:

PGS is having a Reverend (clearance?) sale right now: roughly 20% off what they have left in stock. You can go to their site, but it's also on their EBay page:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...H0.Xreverend&_nkw=reverend&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Orange Club King RT: $799.20
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reverend-Cl...e-/321417991843?pt=Guitar&hash=item4ad60156a3

I noticed recently that in addition to closing their B&M store in Portland, that they recently had a 20% off sale on Fenders, which they did not have much of. I wonder of PGS is going bye-bye soon?

Back