The GP Board Returns....

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Well it never really left but I have a gig at the OC Fair tomorrow afternoon that calls for flexibility. So I broke out the board this past weekend to dust off the cobwebs and take it for a trial run - so far so good. The cool part is that I may actually use my ebow for one song. Debating on the use of a volume pedal as well for swells with the ebow.

Pedalboard 2 - S.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! Who are you playing with?

Playing with Damaged Goods. A doctor buddy who I met back in '97 at one of the hospitals that I worked at. As for the set, it consist mostly of cover tunes except for two originals. The band has played on and off Long Beach, CA to Laughlin, NA whenever my buddy calls me and says - "Hey, wanna play a gig?"

Damaged Goods at St. Hedwig 2012 - S.jpg

Several of our gigs included Luis Cardenas - Drums (solo artist/Renegade fame), Dr's cousin in law.

DSCN0445.JPG

Fun times are ahead!!!

Sure you can't squeeze a couple more pedals in there?!? rotflmao

I don't need anymore for this board, hence GP board - aka General Purpose. :grin:

Last edited:
Nice! Beats workin' in a cube. I don't think I've ever seen clips of you playing a strat. Usually it's the G&L tele or the goldtop LP. New ground?

Been playing strats longer than I have played the G&L or my LP's so it is not new ground. Since my focus has been blues and some country, my guitars of choices has been dominantly the Goldtop LP, G&L, Gretsch Clipper and the Kauer Titan since I got it.

What you don't see in the pic is my Les Paul Standard (it is right behind the strat) which I used for the entire gig. Look carefully and you can see the outline of the LP behind the strat. Was going to switch out on tunes but we plowed through them all so there was no downtime to switch.

As for working a cube, that was just one day.

Back