The Gin Thread

I used to drink G&T's back in my clubbing days because It was a nice buzz that made me mellow. I was a hothead at the time and other liqours from tequilla to whiskey to vodka would make me bulletproof.

Not so with gin. May have just been a mental thing.

I likes my gin - Tanqueray is normally my gin of choice. Recently tried some Corsair Barrel Aged Gin, which was interesting, but not something I'd drink regularly.

i made up a gin drink up at the camp in the mountains one winter.......we got 27" of snow over night and i brought the sapphire.....so i grabbed a large tumbler (16 oz) and went outside (18°) scooped up some fresh mountain snow.....poured almost 2 shots of sapphire over it and filled with squirt....man did we get smoked....but it was fun.

the "sapphire slush". it only works with fresh snow.....in the mountains, preferably.

I likes my gin - Tanqueray is normally my gin of choice. Recently tried some Corsair Barrel Aged Gin, which was interesting, but not something I'd drink regularly.

No problem with Tanqueray here ! Just lately Sapphire's different botanicals seem nice. Maybe try that one the Huge recommended if I can find it. Gin on a hot day with some quinine = sublime.

I never got into gin. Tastes like Pine-Sol smells to me......just never got into it.

As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever gotten drunk of gin.

Just couldn't stomach the taste.

Back