The ghost towns of New Jersey

Used to ride dirt bikes in the pines. I've seen some really fucked up shit out there.

Someone needs to tell the OP of that thread to turn off the HDR......

I hear that those are the best-smelling parts of the state.
:lol:

One of my favorite quotes from my late father (who spend the first 40 years of his life living in Brooklyn/Williamsburg/Coney Island when they were still shitholes) was his comment after us landing at Newark and driving our rental car out of the airport when I was about 13 - "Newark - what a fucking armpit". Keep in mind this was the first and last time I had ever heard my father use the F-word.

:lol:

One of my favorite quotes from my late father (who spend the first 40 years of his life living in Brooklyn/Williamsburg/Coney Island when they were still shitholes) was his comment after us landing at Newark and driving our rental car out of the airport when I was about 13 - "Newark - what a fucking armpit". Keep in mind this was the first and last time I had ever heard my father use the F-word.

As a sweeping generalization, that is true. But the Portuguese section of Newark is remarkable for it's upkeep, restaurants and whatnot.

Years back some Russian guy was chased into the forest out there.

kicking around some dirt during a break on a ride and found the front end of a corvette, & presumably the whole car, buried out in the middle of nowhere. Some things are best left how you found them. Plenty more weirdness but that was just kinda creepy.

As a sweeping generalization, that is true. But the Portuguese section of Newark is remarkable for it's upkeep, restaurants and whatnot.
The area around NJPAC and The Prudential Center are actually much improved from the bombed out ghettos they used to be.

Back