The Friday Thread 2:Electric Boogaloo!!!

Pretty ordinary weekend for me, I think. Never can tell though. Dropping off a job app for a city job, so I'm hoping that works out. Also, my daughter has more punk cred than I do these days (yes, those are purple pants with leopard cuffs):

Riv-punk.jpg

Working today. Right before stepping off the bus this morning there was a T-bone accident in the intersection right in front of me. The car that had the right of way got pushed into a motorcycle in the right lane and he went down. Nothing too fast or hard, but I ran over and checked him out.

It turns out he is in OK shape except for possible broken ribs. I stay with him about 10 minutes until fire/EMS shows up and find out he was a firefighter/paramedic when he was in Cali so we talk while I'm making sure he isn't hiding any serious injuries. He calls his wife to let her know what happened, knowing he is now in hot water at home! I do miss helping people like that.

Looks like rain this weekend again! :mad: Mrs. T's new job allows us access to the hospital gym, so now I have a place to keep fit for free! :cool:

So glad the week is almost over - the first week in January is always a ballbuster, but this one was doubly so for me with a whole new project starting up (and the old one refusing to let me go).

This weekend will feature crappy weather as Tig noted, so indoor activities - guitar, music, movies, cooking, straighten my office up, drink a little tequila.

I think chili will be on the menu this weekend... or a big pot of chicken soup... or both.

Oh, shit yeah, forgot I'm gonna try to get some better shots of the comet! I need to see if I can swing by the old place and pick up my telescope and telescope accessories. Looks like I've got partly cloudy evenings for the next couple of days, but I've dealt with that before. . .

Well, everyone has been home sick all week (including Mrs W from yesterday to today) so the weekend for the family will be spent at home for the most part. I have a gig tomorrow night that might be cancelled since there was a kitchen fire at the venue a couple of days ago...still waiting to find out.

Hope everybody feels better, quick, @Mark.

I don't know of anything planned this weekend. I'm sure I'll have plenty to do anyway. If I get any clear nights, might gonna try to do some astrophotography.

Man lots of sick going around! Hope the Wein clan is feeling better soon.

Nothing much here this weekend, other than my marginally successful astronomy expedition last night. Oh gonna see Inherent Vice tonight.

Off work today and I need it. Everything else will just happen as it happens.

Decent weather for one so I'm looking forward to a few rides. Might take the family out to the drop zone to watch some skydiving and hopefully run into some old friends.

We are supposed to have some great weather this weekend (low 50s) so I'm hoping to get a hike in sometime. Aside from that - nothing planned. I need to practice guitar some but I cut my index finger last night and probably can't play for a few days. I'll probably just hang out and chill.

Lots of work at the house this weekend. Hanging new towel bars preparing for new carpet to be installed next weekend

Forgot about the Friday thread!

Today I'm going to go play some Jazz with Martin, work and then gig at the Rusty Pelican tonight

The rest of the weekend is fairly mellow.

Puttin' up more horsie shelters and runs at the new place. By the end of the day tomorrow we should have 5 complete. Hopefully we can get rid of some scrap metal too. Good times.

Today - not much. Just practice and the usual...Saturday will be gig at the Post in Villa Park.

Tonight: Going to see Dan Hicks & The Hot Licks

Saturday: New Strat arrives, going to see The Blasters in the evening

Sunday: Went on my first date with this girl (35 yrs) last Wednesday, tentative second date Sunday

Reactions: Tig
Tonight - Dinner and movie with #1 daughter
Saturday - Denver Art Museum with Mrs D
Sunday - Nada.....

Having to work today. My group is moving up one floor to the 26th floor and I'm already settled in.
My uncle my marriage is on the next row over so that's cool.

I plan on riding hard both days this weekend since I have plenty of fitness to catch up on and weight to loose.
I've eliminated all sodas and fried foods, so the weight is already coming off. 1o weeks until the MS-150...

Last edited:
I should be happy, but I'm grumpy as fuck and I don't know why.

Working today - not much planned for tonight.
Saturday - going to see Elvis and then maybe VinylFlux
Sunday - get a room in Toronto so I can collect my lottery winnings on Monday and quit my job.

Back