The Friday Thread 2:Electric Boogaloo!!!

Work today, then piss in a cup for a part-time gig as a towncar driver, then pack up and head to Tahoe for my Great Grandma's memorial service. The whole freaking clan is supposed to be there, so it will be the first time I've seen some of these folks in 10+ years. It will be good, though.

Nothing for tonight, but I've got Bob Mould at the 9:30 Club tomorrow night.

Lucky bastage! I checked his tour schedule yesterday and he won't be anywhere near here.

Working today. This has been a crazy week. There must be a new project starting in the UK because the work flow has doubled. Naturally, the old guy took this and next week off, and the booger eater managed to get himself stuck on jury duty this week and next as well. That's what happens when you like to sound like you are an intellectual when questioned. I prefer the over opinionated responses myself. :wink:

So, the work load had doubled and the staffing is temporarily cut in half. Popcorn or a bag of chips for lunch is gettin' old. :annoyed: I'd like to sleep from now until Monday.

Riding out the storms here. We were going to go visit my brother in law, but I'm not dealing with the traffic in a thunderstorm. We're waiting to see how soon it moves out of our area. It's already passed through where we. Would be headed.
Saturday - Niagara Food Festival. David Wilcox is headlining the evening. That's the Canadian David Wilcox. Should be run.
Sunday - nothing planned. Yet. It might be the rain date if today's trip gets abandoned.

Taking my JC 77 to an amp tech to replace both FUBAR input jacks.

I replaced the reverb tank and cleaned it up, but my soldering skills are shit and I don't trust myself to go it alone.

Rehearsal tomorrow night. We are really humming along and have worked out some killer song transitions. At one point in our show we will have 5 songs chained together non stop. Lots of 2 and 3 song chains as well. We want to keep the dead space between songs to an absolute minimum.

Riding out the storms here. We were going to go visit my brother in law, but I'm not dealing with the traffic in a thunderstorm. We're waiting to see how soon it moves out of our area. It's already passed through where we. Would be headed.
Saturday - Niagara Food Festival. David Wilcox is headlining the evening. That's the Canadian David Wilcox. Should be run.
Sunday - nothing planned. Yet. It might be the rain date if today's trip gets abandoned.
He's awesome...I remember him from a long time ago...he's still going eh?

I have no plans other than some yard work probably (if I can dig out the recycle bins from all the contractor's shit) and a bike ride. Continuing to work on Knights of Cydonia..fun song to play

He's awesome...I remember him from a long time ago...he's still going eh?

I have no plans other than some yard work probably (if I can dig out the recycle bins from all the contractor's shit) and a bike ride. Continuing to work on Knights of Cydonia..fun song to play

Yep. Lots of fun. He seems to be doing one show here and there rather than any lengthy tours. He's always fun to watch.

Tonight...BEER!

Recording some drums tomorrow. Re-doing the drums on a couple of the songs for my solo cd, discovered the tempo was slightly off (too slow, oddly enough) once I started adding guitars.

Other than that no major plans this weekend I think. :embarrassed:

I have (most of) a bottle of Knob Creek waiting for me at home tonight.

Gonna cook something tasty too. I have a hankerin for tuna steaks if they have nice ones at the store.

The rest of the weekend, I'm gonna golf so hard.

Today - work and then my sons belt test for Karate

Tomorrow - work and a private party gig at a restaurant in Tustin

Sunday - not sure.

I don't know of anything planned for this weekend. Which means I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in work, I'm sure :facepalm:

Oh, and I'm another year older today, so that's less than exciting. :embarrassed:

Same as everyday. Working on my garage conversion/man cave. She's almost done and I'll be glad to have it behind me.

Complete:

Bar top and sink installed
Walls painted
Paneling installed
Flooring installed

To do:

Install new doors
Baseboard and shoe throughout
Install light fixtures outlets and switches

Handmade Market in Grimbsy and then Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto. It's Jazz night.

Tomorrow, we are going to Evan's Touch a Truck event in St. Mary's Ontario. It's a charity event to raise money for kids cancer charity. Evan is my wife's niece's cousin's son.

Sunday, hopefully nothing at all.

I'm off tomorrow!
party0

Gonna use the day running a bunch of errands and doing some Pragestock prep...

I'm sure there will be some Jets, Mets, and NASCAR in there as well...

Handmade Market in Grimbsy and then Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto. It's Jazz night.

Tomorrow, we are going to Evan's Touch a Truck event in St. Mary's Ontario. It's a charity event to raise money for kids cancer charity. Evan is my wife's niece's cousin's son.

Sunday, hopefully nothing at all.

Now there's a place I haven't been to for a long long time....I lived there from the age of 2-12...I should go back...even though you can never go back

There is painting in my future...hopefully not so much as to interfere with the bike ride planned for Sunday

Last night started an extended weekend of gigs at La Cave in Costa Mesa...tonight at The Post in Villa Park (@el diablo is coming to that one I think) and the Blue Beet tomorrow night.

If the rain doesn't stop, I may spend the weekend kicking catfish out of my living room.

Hopefully I can play golf tomorrow. Then the usual cooking, eating, drinking, football.

And setting up my new toy (the iPhone 6).

I have a slow weekend. I'm doing sound for a friend's band on Saturday night and taking a couple of runs. Aside from that nothing planned at all. Maybe another Sunday afternoon hike.

If the rain doesn't stop, I may spend the weekend kicking catfish out of my living room.

Hopefully I can play golf tomorrow.

Bring a fishing pole and a stringer for golf fish.
Don't forget the golf "cart". :i:
paddle-P9043213-400.jpg

Back