The Friday Thread 2:Electric Boogaloo!!!

Work today.

Golf practice, run and maybe cook burgers from scratch tomorrow, or else go to a movie. Some light chores around the house.

Golf sunday, light chores, cook something for mom.

Wow - that all sounds pretty boring... maybe I'll just sleep. :embarrassed:

Work, work, work, work, work, work, work today.
Hello boys!
Have a good night's rest?
I missed you!
blazing10_zpsf17f4250.gif

Yeah...it would have been nice to have had some gigs (I was called for something tonight but it fell through) but the break is cool too.

Driving to Florida tonight. Back on sept 13th. I'm really hoping there's a little down time in there somewhere. I'm whooped.

off today.....spent a few hours hiking in the woods this morning. trimmed 6 chicken breasts and bagged and in freezer. trimmed porterhouse and in bag, seasoning in fridge....got "live 365" streaming radio on.....blues channel, of course. obviously gonna grill the steak and do a baked potato and salad later.
cocktails right now......little vodka, lemon squeeze and soda.

gonna meet up with the other guitarist in our band tomorrow, he's putting a new nut on the strat and taking off the locking tuners and installing the vintage tuners i got earlier this month. gonna be jonesing for my strat for the rest of the long weekend.....prolly hafta get out the LP (yuk)......i REALLY need a second strat....even it's kinda cheap......hafta look into that.

I ran errands earlier, that really tried my patience. The traffic in this town is wearing me out.

Now I'm just puttering around straightening stuff in the house up while a chicken smokes on the BGE. Also enjoying some live Tom Waits and some Knob Creek.

I ran errands earlier, that really tried my patience. The traffic in this town is wearing me out.

Now I'm just puttering around straightening stuff in the house up while a chicken smokes on the BGE. Also enjoying some live Tom Waits and some Knob Creek.

yea....sounds kinda familiar :grin:

Waiting for work to end, only got 3-1/2 more hours. Designing some LED Enderman eyes for my buddy for his Halloween costume.

Just got an offer to pick up a part-time gig as a towncar driver. :shrug:

I gotta run all over creation to get paperwork for the freakin' lender for my home sale. they are geting a huge PITA and demanding stuff my realtor has never seen before and he has been doing this for 30 years. I think there is something wrong with the buyers and they are looking for an excuse to kill the whole sale. And I hope I am wrong in thinking that but this has turned into an unending nightmare......

then I have a few runs planned for the weekend but otherwise I have nothing planned at all. Maybe do some hiking or something.

Travel is a good thing. :thu:

Where y'all gonna go?

As far away from work as possible! Taking the Magic out of Galveston to Cancun, Belize, and Honduras. Mrs. T's work is changing owners and the stress is killing her, plus the crap her son (The World's Most Stupid Man) has been up to. She's never even been out of the country and the girl deserves a great vacation, even though I'm on it. We'll be swimming with the nurse sharks and rays at one spot and some jungle stuff in another. Cancun will be free styling it on the beach.

Zignum Anejo Mezcal is tasty good. The perfect mezcal to start with if you're coming from bourbon. I picked it today without any knowledge and got lucky. (it was on sale) :thu:
Zignum-Anejo-500.jpg

In case anyone missed it in the Paynt thread, I went and picked up my Charger today.

Great weather all day.
The trailer rental place was getting roofing materials delivered and the truck blocked the yard. So, we had to wait, but we got to watch the crane hoist the stuff up on to the roof. That was cool.
Then we hooked up the trailer and hit the closest Tim Horton's for a breakfast sandwich and a coffee.

A couple hours drive and we were in Sarnia, ON.
Grabbed lunch and then headed to the body guy's house to pick up the car.

Rolling the car down to the street was easy. We got it lined up on the ramps to the trailer, and hit a snag.
The body is on a set of legs with casters on the bottom. The ramps have a steel mesh on top that sags in between the ramps' frame rails.
So, we had to lift it over each hump in the ramps.
We got stuck with the rear casters in the first divot.

We tried a cable ratchet it ended up bending the stilts the car is on.
Eventually, 4 kids came over from the skate park across the street and heaved the back end up the ramps while I steered the casters on the front end.

I tied it all down with ratchet straps, loaded the other parts into the back of the truck and hit the road.

Stopped a few miles down the highway to check the straps and fill the tank in the truck. Straps were still nice and tight and not rubbing on anything.
Did about another hour's drive and stopped to check on them again. All good.

Made the last leg home with the only snag being a bit of a traffic jam. It didn't last too long and things moved along.

My daughter, son in law and grand kids met us at home and helped unload.
It was much easier taking it off the trailer. Gravity.
Rolling it in to the garage was a piece of cake.

The New Yorker lives on the driveway now. :(

Ordered Chinese food for dinner. Too tired to cook.

I'm sleeping in tomorrow. :P

Back