The Friday Thread 2:Electric Boogaloo!!!

I too have tonight alone. Probably listen to some tunes and drink a few margaritas.

Got the grand kids early this morning, had breakfast and packed everyone I to the car for a trip to Port Dover to play tourist and then to Crystal Beach for dinner.
I got a new hat.

Off this weekend...

Gonna take Mother car shopping tomorrow...her 2003 Malibu is still in good shape and runs well, but she's in need of some special equipment...she's having some eyesight issues and has lost her night driving privileges, but I also talked her into getting a car with collision avoidance and auto brakes...she hated the idea of spending the money but I told her she can't take it with her and if it helps keep her and other drivers safe then it's worth it...so we are going to look at Subarus...

Doctors appointment this morning, work this afternoon. Playing within walking distance of my house at The Post in Villa Park for the first time. Tomorrow night the Blue Beet.

Off today! Everything else will fall into place. :cool:

Just got en email from a cousin about our family tree. I now know the names and families up to out great, great, great grandfather Mark Martin Franklin. He served in the War of 1812 at the age of 14!

I have no idea what this weekend holds. At some point I've got to get to the feed store, and help someone move a couple of pieces of furniture, but other than that I don't think we have any plans. Gotta try to find some zen, I've been much angrier than usual (and my baseline is quite a bit higher than your average bear :embarrassed: ). Guz fraba.

Nothing tonight other than draft night for one of my FFB leagues.

I am looking forward to Sunday evening when I get to see my friends band play as well my other friend headline and shred - Mr. Allan Holdsworth. It is such an honor to call him a friend!!!

Reactions: Tig
Mostly doing some recording this weekend, started vocals for some tunes on the album I'm working on.

And proper football's finally back this weekend. :love:

Taking the kids down to Mission Bay today to hang out with family from out of state

Stopping in at the local (and I mean local, lots of local color up in there) bar tonight. Overnight boat trip tomorrow to my favorite bar on the Bay. Nursing a wicked hangover on Sunday. :)

Will be offline from forums/guitar etc starting early tomorrow AM...

Flight to Hawaii...

Aloha suckers!!!!! chewie0

Lucky sonovah! 8)

I have a now former co-worker stuck in the Honolulu jail. We were wondering why he didn't make it back from his family vacation a few weeks ago. It seems he has 5+ felony charges after he stole someone's identity and credit cards, spending over $20K.

The asshole can rot. I can't stand thieves and ID thieves are the worst. I feel for his family. They will lose a dad/husband/son, their way of life, the house, etc., all because of this selfish bullshit. His income is close to $70K and his wife does OK as well, so what was he thinking? :gah:

Slept in a little. Did a bit of mundane shopping and car washing, then took Mrs. T and her co-worker to lunch at our favorite Mexican place. Ate Pollo con Mole, a chicken breast smothered in mole sauce and cheese. Mmmmmm...

Took a few new photos of gear and have been working on a country guitar lesson from TrueFire.

Today - housework and then a full day of teaching

Saturday - work and then a private party gig with a friend from college that I haven't played with since the late 80's

Sunday - not sure.

Work all day today. Not sure for the rest of the weekend. I gotta get my head screwed on straight, though, I've been in a tailspin lately and can't snap out of it.

Back