The Friday Thread 2:Electric Boogaloo!!!

No gigs this weekend. We are painting the lobby and hallway at Premier this weekend so it'll be a bunch of prepwork. yay.

I think I have no plans. Well, one plan, but I'm tryin' to not think about it too hard.

One of our herd has been battling something causing him to lose weight and manifesting itself in some lameness in his rear end. The two opinions of the vet were either a secondary infection from an injury (treatable), or cancer in his spine (fatal). We've been treating as if it was an infection, and after 2+ weeks his condition hasn't improved. The medication was cheaper than a biopsy, and we were hoping he would bounce back to his happy-go-lucky self, but our vet (also a friend and fellow horse person) gave us the recommendation that there's nothing more we can do for him at this point. So Saturday we take him to meet some old friends, hopefully as peacefully as possible. :cry:

Anyway.

I have a gig tonight......

Saturday I am painting our master bathroom and replacing the light fixture and doing a few more small things to get the house ready to sell. We need to get this on the market ASAP.

Sunday morning I will go for a hike and maybe church. Sunday afternoon I will try and figure out which bar to watch the US/Portugal match in since we have no cable. the best place would be GB Fish & Chips....but they will be jammed and finding a seat might be an issue.

Off today. Taking the twin grandsons to the beach Saturday morning.

I hope Howie enjoys my present that should arrive at his doorstep any second now...
KnaggsSevernT2Sunrise935.jpg

I think I have no plans. Well, one plan, but I'm tryin' to not think about it too hard.

One of our herd has been battling something causing him to lose weight and manifesting itself in some lameness in his rear end. The two opinions of the vet were either a secondary infection from an injury (treatable), or cancer in his spine (fatal). We've been treating as if it was an infection, and after 2+ weeks his condition hasn't improved. The medication was cheaper than a biopsy, and we were hoping he would bounce back to his happy-go-lucky self, but our vet (also a friend and fellow horse person) gave us the recommendation that there's nothing more we can do for him at this point. So Saturday we take him to meet some old friends, hopefully as peacefully as possible. :cry:

Anyway.
:(

Anyway.

Aw, that's heart wrenching. Hang in there and know that you're doing the right thing.

It is one of our burdens with the older horses, but this guy is middle-aged, if that. Thanks for the support, this stuff is always harder on my wife than me as she's the one who has to make the decision.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Here at work, on my day off, for about the 50th consecutive Friday. I used to be able to take guitar lessons from some dude on the internets on Fridays...alas. When I'm done, a quick stop at my local redneck bar on the way home, then maybe a dip if the weather and temp cooperate. Really looking forward to the weekend.

Gonna pick up my SGs that were modded with a bass contour in the morning. DANCING-banana Thanks to @telecaster911 for the wiring tips. I'll let y'all know how that turned out. My guy says it's still pretty subtle, but we shall see. :annoyed: He did say it was better though.

Anyway.
:(

I'm so sorry.

Just gave my grill it's annual breakdown/deep cleaning. It will be breathing freely and puffin' like a dragon. Will use it for steaks tonight and pizza tomorrow.

Also golf, watching lots of fútbol, guitar.

Sorry about your horse, Punchy. :(

Friday - gig at the Blue Beet with All Star Trio

Saturday - private party gig with Kingsize

Sunday - family time. taking the kids to the movies.

Friday - blueberry pancakes and applewood smoked bacon. I'm thinking about fixing the O2sensor on the car. Just thinking about it, though.

Saturday - maybe hit the guitar store and then meet up with my guitarist friend and look at the pedal I built for him.

Sunday - golf with my brother.

Monday - pretend to work while everyone else is off

Tuesday - Canada Day holiday. No real plans that I have been made aware of yet.

Tomorrow we're going to check out a 3-parcel, 54 acre property. Would make for a hell of a contingency plan for if the state parks dept keeps jerking us around on our contract. Where we are now is home, and my wife has been riding and boarding there since she was a kid, but if the Parks won't do anything to contribute to a safe environment we can't very well be expected to keep taking out novice riders on unsafe trails. So we're looking at options.

Aside from that, just the usual probably. Eat some food, drink some beer, hang out with the girls.

Friday - Go to downtown Denver to see SHEL play at a cool dive bar.

Saturday - I have to paint two room at home.....and painting is not my forte so it will probably take all day.

Sunday - Run or hike in the AM - if I finished the painting on Saturday.....church in the afternoon....

Drinking. World Cup. Send out a few song ideas to the guys in the band. Finish cover for our EP. Upload the damn thing.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. :embarrassed:

Umm, as far as I know all that is planned is the wife is headed to a horse show on Sunday. Need to remember to water the plants this afternoon. Hopefully I can get a little anti-social time to recharge.

Back