The Friday Thread 2:Electric Boogaloo!!!

Inventory tomorrow - unless we magically get it all done today while still being open. Other than that, nothing spectacular I don't think. Got a great aunt's 70th birthday I might try to make it to, but that's going to depend on what time and how it fits around the girls' nap schedule and all that.

Working today. Hell, I haven't even thought about the weekend yet. Hopefully the rain will stay in tiger roach's side of town in the mornings and my side in the afternoons. It would be hard to not ride every weekend now that my fitness is improving.

The foundation repair company was supposed to adjust 5 piers under warranty today, but the first house took them too long. :mad:
Now I get to try and keep the plants I dug up alive until Monday.

Slept good last night for the first time in weeks. That's a great start for the weekend.
(So are the new bottles of Rowan's Creek Bourbon and Elijah Craig 12 Small Batch :wink: )

I have been spending all afternoon preparing a burger feast for tonight. Brother's family coming over soon.

Tomorrow, golf, then dinner out with bros family again.

Sunday relax, chores, guitar.

Who knows for tonight. Tomorrow, though - gonna watch California Chrome make a bid for the Triple Crown. Wife said she saw an article stating that Commanding Curve would edge him out, that the distance would be too much, but I've got to disagree. He's shown speed, cunning, and stamina, so we're very excited for the race.

I will be doing my best tonight to make significant progress on my new bottle of tequila.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

I don't know. Its my first weekend without a gig, holiday, family event or whatever in months.

I am considering a fairly decent climb (for me)for Sunday of ~2500'. Not sure if I really want to because I think there might be a lot of car traffic but I'm not 100% sure and it is a route I want to try. It shouldn't (I think) be the hardest climb I have done but it might be the longest in distance and it's supposed to be hot Sunday. I also have to do a meeting with a potential dog sitter at 2pm so I have to watch my time and make sure I can still walk in the afternoon. So I might stick to something more familiar just to make sure ....right now I'm on the fence

Last edited:
I had a meeting this morning, a nap this afternoon, a visit from the grand kids in the evening.
Saturday, I'm golfing in a charity tournament.
Sunday, I will cry and moan in pain and hope someone will take care of me.
Somewhere in there, I need to finish up my pedal build. I've just got the labels to do and then wire it all up.

Also, my new rear wheel showed up so I might try to replace that and my brakes tonight. Just gotta move the freewheel over and grease the bearing. It feels like it's tightened way too much.

Also, my new rear wheel showed up so I might try to replace that and my brakes tonight. Just gotta move the freewheel over and grease the bearing. It feels like it's tightened way too much.

Ah, the fine art of loose bearing hub adjustment. I tend to leave them just a tiny bit loose so that when the quick release presses inward while in the frame, the final tightening is applied. It is something you just have to experiment with.
EDIT: You should not have any side to side play or wobble once the wheel is mounted, yet free enough to roll smoothly for a long time. It it stops with a little indexing motion, it is still too tight.

Last edited:
Ah, the fine art of loose bearing hub adjustment. I tend to leave them just a tiny bit loose so that when the quick release presses inward while in the frame, the final tightening is applied. It is something you just have to experiment with.

I popped it open and the reason it felt wonky was the loose bearings weren't all seated before somebody at the factory tightened it down. So I leveled them all out and put it back together and it's much better now. There was sufficient lubrication in there for now, but I'll probably load it with some real grease in a couple of weeks anyway. :thu:

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Yeah....its not throwing up sick ot anything but it does put a crimp in what we're able to do.

Today - first day of summer with the kids. Also have to fix water heater before going to work at noon.

Tomorrow - work and then private party gig in Fullerton - the first outing for my McFeely 454!

Sunday - fathers day.

Taking the wife out tonight to celebrate her new job.

Other than that, lots of channel switching between the World Cup and the US Open.

Taking the wife out tonight to celebrate her new job.

Hey, shouldn't she be taking you out instead?

Friday, working. Kinda'. :wink:

Saturday, who knows?

Sunday, the company might try to get me to work to cover for a project launch. :mad: We have plans to take my dad to the biergarten.

Back