Achtung! The first Recordingfest of 2011

So wait, they are due tomorrow right?

I have learned something here. This is the first time I have used Reaper and really like using it ................................. right up to when I started mixing. I am not sure how to use most of the plug in fx so I havent been real successful at improving some of the tracks. With Ableton, the presets on the fx really made a difference on the sound so I could just try some and leave the one's that worked. These appear to need adjusting and I dont know what most of the parameters mean. :embarrassed:

And my vocals were pretty bad. I couldnt figure out how to use the compression so I slapped on some reverb and a phaser. I needed to over effect them to hide the suck a little.

So wait, they are due tomorrow right?

I have learned something here. This is the first time I have used Reaper and really like using it ................................. right up to when I started mixing. I am not sure how to use most of the plug in fx so I havent been real successful at improving some of the tracks. With Ableton, the presets on the fx really made a difference on the sound so I could just try some and leave the one's that worked. These appear to need adjusting and I dont know what most of the parameters mean. :embarrassed:

And my vocals were pretty bad. I couldnt figure out how to use the compression so I slapped on some reverb and a phaser. I needed to over effect them to hide the suck a little.

Look closely. On most of the effects there is a drag down menu thing that gives you the options of a bunch of presets...

did a little country thing on the acoustic and submitted :tinfoil: hey I like this smilie

Look closely. On most of the effects there is a drag down menu thing that gives you the options of a bunch of presets...

I will definitely check that out. I love the program in general. I found it much easier to use up to this point. I will have some time at lunch to try to give it one last tweak.

Well I had planned on recording something very specific and because of the issues going on after my father-in-law passed I decided to post this instead since it's the deadline - this is an edited version of a piece that was completed between christmas and new years and I honestly haven't had the time to work on much since then. It's called "Before Sleeping".

http://pod.ath.cx/b4sleep/ASB_Before_Sleeping.mp3

It goes on a little too long but be glad you don't had the super long version where I go off.

Last edited:
Well I had planned on recording something very specific and because of the issues going on after my father-in-law passed I decided to post this instead since it's the deadline - this is an edited version of a piece that was completed between christmas and new years and I honestly haven't had the time to work on much since then. It's called "Before Sleeping".

http://pod.ath.cx/b4sleep/ASB_Before_Sleeping.mp3

It goes on a little too long but be glad you don't had the super long version where I go off.

I will wait until tomorrow to listen, along with the rest...

Back