Achtung! The first Recordingfest of 2011

May switch to something else. I just don't have time to do an epic piece. Only have about 7 minutes of drums programmed, and I'm just meh lately.

Save what I have and do it later I guess.

Got the drums done. Not perfect but I am pretty happy with it for my first time programming in Reaper with this plug in.

Got all of the guitar tracks done but one but it is a simple rhythm behind the solo so I am pretty good there. I might take another run at the solo once everything else is done. I was able to learn it and play it but I think I could play it better.

Need to get the bass done. Havent decided if I am going to play it on guitar and use a plug in to tune it down or use a midi thing and program it like drums. Either way, I dont think it is going to be too difficult. The bass is only prevalent in the chorus and solo areas.

Vocals are killing me. Not even close to my range. Trying to find a way to change it up and make it work but not having great luck so far. I'll have to keep experimenting until Friday when I will get enough time to get it finished. I have a feeling I will end up trying to get as close as I can and then overdo it with fx. That or find a vice for my nuts.

Last edited:
Haven't done anything. I did record one for it a month or so back, so I will have an entry, but I don't think I'll get anything else done before Feb. 1.

I've got my old computer ready to roll, but I think I'm still going to go back to basics and record one on my old 4 track cassette recorder...if I can find a cassette tape. :grin:

Did something happen to your audio editor ?

I have two ready to go, a shoegazer track with provocative lyrics and one of my patented absurd instrumentals with suck guitar.

Looks like I am part of a collaborative effort, so I guess ours will be done in time to lower the grade point average...

Back