The end of an era... (pass me a 40ounce)

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
My t(rusty) 2002 Ford Galaxy 2.3 autogas conversion didn't pass the yearly inspection this time and I was given an estimate that I cannot justify by any means to repair.

Maximus will have to go to pasture in short order because the inspection was overdue.

We've had a great run as I bought him 2007 with 80,000 km and he now has 340,000. Engine is still strong, shocks are good and still original and I've only had normal things go wrong such as the starter or exhaust, occasional fuses or relias.

I'll miss this guy, wish me mojo for the next one.

Yeah, that sucks.

Transmission went up on an old used Ford Explorer I had at 297K miles. I really WANTED to fix it, but just couldn't justify the expense.
Would like to have hit 300K, just to say I did.

Mojo.

It will take something like that to have me get rid of my 97 Integra...and maybe not even then. I love that car. I don't have as many miles (133K) as you and only drive about 2000 a year now that I stopped working so I have a shot to get to 2047 ...at which point in time I likely will be unable to drive anyways.

It sucks to lose a car you really like

My wife's Integra was a great car. I think she had it 6 years and all I did to it was a muffler, brake pads and a set of tires. I believe that car would still be running if a tree hadn't fallen on it.

download.jpg

OR

rainieralebottles.jpg

AKA: Green Death.

Or, pick one of these.
beer004.jpg

Mojo.

What are these inspections everyone keeps talking about? (Michigan doesn't have 'em) :embarrassed:

Back