The EHX Op Amp Big Muff is here

He wears his entire closet at once. Kinda hard to recommend him buying more clothes.
Too bad this show isn't around anymore.

what-not-to-wear-600x600.jpg

Dammit. Whose gonna make the comparison video now?
Already have the Green Russian and just ordered this thing. I also have a vintage Russian Muff. I play like shit, but I could take them over to @Mark Wein ’s house and he could do a proper comparison with legitimate guitar playing when he has time. Maybe I could send them to Bob Balch and have him do it if Mark turns me down.

Already have the Green Russian and just ordered this thing. I also have a vintage Russian Muff. I play like shit, but I could take them over to @Mark Wein ’s house and he could do a proper comparison with legitimate guitar playing when he has time. Maybe I could send them to Bob Balch and have him do it if Mark turns me down.
It would be fun!

Probably off topic, but as I am looking at all sorts of fuzzes, and ran across this pedal, which seems to be aimed at the Pumpkins, thought someone might want to know. The part about the Pumpkin Pi pedal starts at 11:57.

This guy sucks, but at least you can hear the difference between the pedals.

EDIT: LOL, the bass guy is much better.

This guy sucks, but at least you can hear the difference between the pedals.

EDIT: LOL, the bass guy is much better.

Isn't it generally accepted that CME's demo guy isn't actually good?

Andy from Tone Report did a demo for the Russian one, which is in that video, too. Sounds much better, but he IS like Pete Thorn where he can make a fart in a cardboard box sound good.

Probably off topic, but as I am looking at all sorts of fuzzes, and ran across this pedal, which seems to be aimed at the Pumpkins, thought someone might want to know. The part about the Pumpkin Pi pedal starts at 11:57.

So I finally got around to watching this, and it's a pretty decent demo. Though, having some Skreddy pedals there would have made it a lot more relevant to my interests. Anyway, of course they're all digging the JHS and the Thorpy, which is par for the course with these guys. And it got me thinking about the Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh, which also has high and low EQ knobs. But after all these clips, and all these different versions I've been posting, I still think I like the Russian RI the best.

It doesn't get quite as synthy/gated as the Op-Amp. But if I'm gonna get one, I think this is the one to get.

So I finally got around to watching this, and it's a pretty decent demo. Though, having some Skreddy pedals there would have made it a lot more relevant to my interests. Anyway, of course they're all digging the JHS and the Thorpy, which is par for the course with these guys. And it got me thinking about the Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh, which also has high and low EQ knobs. But after all these clips, and all these different versions I've been posting, I still think I like the Russian RI the best.

It doesn't get quite as synthy/gated as the Op-Amp. But if I'm gonna get one, I think this is the one to get.

If you end up getting one. It would be cool to have a shoot out with my Chicago Stompworks green Russian. I still like the CS violet rams head I had before better, but I like their stuff. They are well built and cheap if you can live with a bare enclosure.

If you end up getting one. It would be cool to have a shoot out with my Chicago Stompworks green Russian. I still like the CS violet rams head I had before better, but I like their stuff. They are well built and cheap if you can live with a bare enclosure.

I think it's either the Russian, or buy @Lerxst's Fuzz War when he sells it.

my reverb pedal
came in a bear enclosure
now it doesn’t work

I think it's either the Russian, or buy @Lerxst's Fuzz War when he sells it.

It's pretty damn cool but wouldn't kick the Pharaoh off my board. The Fuzz War has a bunch of great tones but really comes into it's own when the volume is WTFU and your amp is cranked. I didn't buy one but had one in my possession for several days.

I don't want to pollute your sale post but what didn't you like about the Green Russian?

Back