The Early Ford Bronco (66-77) Appreciation Thread

Prages

User Error
If I won the lottery, I wouldn't go out and buy a fancy sports car. I'd buy one of these, and build a garage to work on it in. :embarrassed:

I just love the early Broncos so much.

1966_ford_bronco-pic-5658710960964872793.jpeg

ford_bronco_surfboard.gif

1975-rocky-roads-ford-bronco1.jpg

And an uncut model or two:

BuckshotBefore000.JPG

brianriesenJPG.jpg

bronco77_177.jpg

Of course, the Bronco Concept Ford came out with a few years ago is alright, but nowhere near as hot as the originals. :mad:

2004_ford_bronco_concept_manu_01.jpg

My cousin used to have one, you can see the nose of it behind my baja bug i used to have.

He was driving it on the freeway and threw a rod threw the side of the block. If i recall it blew the lower radiator hose and seized up. I can't remember what happened to it after that. But yeah, they are very cool.

IMG_0066.jpg

Very cool. I want an early 70's Jeep if I were to go that route, though. I can't really telly you why, either :embarrassed:

Very cool. I want an early 70's Jeep if I were to go that route, though. I can't really telly you why, either :embarrassed:

Yeah, an old Jeep would be awesome too...or an International Scout. :embarrassed:

When we met, Mrs. P had a Dodge Raider. It died and we towed it to her parents' house. It sat on the side of the road there for about a year and we ended up selling it for $200.

Turns out that all that was wrong with it was the battery. :facepalm:

This is exactly what hers looked like.

dodge-raider-parts.jpg

I'd be a lot more upset if it were a convertable. :grin:

Love the early Broncos and the Scouts.

My Dad talked me out of buying a complete rust bucket Scout II when I was 17 and wound up with a CJ-5 instead. Wish I would have bought that Scout.

These are way more fun than Broncos:

images

I have had mine for about 15 years and is now doing the daily driver routine while the hooptie is down for repairs

They are extremely capable, and since they are much fewer in numbers these days, have that going for them in the coolness area. But an old bronco with a 302 would have parts way more available, and are (imho) just as capable. Aside from that, its a toss up. I sure wouldnt turn either one down. :embarrassed:

There was a rustbucket Scout on Craigslist here a month or so back for $900. I'm pretty sure the only thing that would have been good on it was the VIN. :embarrassed:

Of course, an early Bronco in the same condition would cost about $3k, but like Phil said, all the parts would be readily available.

Interesting note...my mother learned to drive in an old Scout, and her first car was a 68 Mustang. Both were long gone by the time I was born. :mad: The first cars I remember my parents having were a 77 Ford LTD and a 78 2wd Chevy truck.

IHC parts are not hard to find at all.

The running gear on a Scout is way more substantial and durable than what's on other 4 X 4s. They are also fairly easy to work on.

To run old iron, you have to be able to turn the wrenches.

They are extremely capable, and since they are much fewer in numbers these days, have that going for them in the coolness area. But an old bronco with a 302 would have parts way more available, and are (imho) just as capable. Aside from that, its a toss up. I sure wouldnt turn either one down. :embarrassed:

I cant believe I missed this thread. I do love older Broncos, but I'd go with the 3rd gen myself. I had an '82, it was my first vehicle. I loved that thing dearly. I wish I had a picture of it but I cant find any ANYWHERE. It was bone stock and in great shape. I really want another Bronco and will get one one of these days. Problem is most of them are heavily modified, I want a close to stock one again.

I certainly wouldnt turn down an old scout, either. My dad had one when I was a kid. Definitely wasnt the most comfortable vehicle, but it got the job done lol

Back