The Doobie Bros

They were THE local band, in fact the first real party I ever went to was at their party/hangout place in Redwood Estates. My older sister dragged me along; she figured that if I was an accomplice, I couldn't rat her out to the parents:grin:

It was cool having a bands album cover pic be an uncompleted local highway project that hadn't been worked on in quite a while (280/101 interchange for bay area folks)
doobie03.jpg

And singing about our stomping grounds

Sadly, McDonald era Doobs just wasn't the same, much like Journey after Gregg Rolie was replaced by Perry:mad:

always been a big fan of the Doobs......first saw them as the OPENING band for Bob Seger back in '75. i had already worn out the first 4 of their albums by that time.

always been a big fan of the Doobs......first saw them as the OPENING band for Bob Seger back in '75. i had already worn out the first 4 of their albums by that time.

That's weird to even think about. Double headlining makes sense, but opening just seems wrong...and I'm a Seger fan.

That's weird to even think about. Double headlining makes sense, but opening just seems wrong...and I'm a Seger fan.

ok.....maybe call it "co-headlining".....but they went first and then at the end the Doobs and the Seger bands came out and did "Listen To The Music" together.

I actually prefer their pre- McDonald material...Tom Johnston is a very underrated song writer and performer...plus I prefer their more straight ahead rock/country rock feel to the jazzier McDonald style...

And yeah, Tyrone Porter was a MONSTER bass player...:thu:
No question at all.

Back