The DOD Boneshaker is $50 again

So I went and jammed with my brother in law, our old drummer and one of his friends on Saturday night. With my EQD Spires being repaired, the boneshaker was the only dirt on my board. This was $50 well spent. Very versatile, I had it cranked for some Rat like tones and dialed back for some Voxy sparkle and it sounded really good. This guy may have earned a spot on my board.

The DOD Boneshaker is a tweaked out DOD 250. It has a second gain stage in the semi parametric EQ section. So you can use it as a base dirt with another boost pedal, or you can use it as a boost into a dirty amp or another dirt pedal. But you have to like the quality of distortion the DOD 250 has first. Otherwise all that other stuff doesn't mean anything.

Considering your amp, the Boneshaker could definitely qualify as your only dirt.
It feels that way. If anything, I have too many EQ options at my disposal.

Also, the weird thing about this amp is how responsive the treble control is. I have to dial it waaaaaay back to make things normal for single coil guitars, but it sounds good. It also basically describes this in the instruction manual. There are people who hate these amps, but I bet they just didn’t RTFM.

Back to the Boneshaker, I feel like I can get really cool Black Keys sounds out of it.

The only other dirt pedal I’m lusting for is a fuzz.

It feels that way. If anything, I have too many EQ options at my disposal.

Also, the weird thing about this amp is how responsive the treble control is. I have to dial it waaaaaay back to make things normal for single coil guitars, but it sounds good. It also basically describes this in the instruction manual. There are people who hate these amps, but I bet they just didn’t RTFM.

Back to the Boneshaker, I feel like I can get really cool Black Keys sounds out of it.

The only other dirt pedal I’m lusting for is a fuzz.

All Mesas are like that. The treble determines the frequency response of the rest of the tone stack. I'm sure @Modern Saint and @Wyatt could tell us why that is.

As for fuzz, The Boneshaker is a kind of fuzz-tortion. What kinda fuzz are you looking for?

All Mesas are like that. The treble determines the frequency response of the rest of the tone stack. I'm sure @Modern Saint and @Wyatt could tell us why that is.

As for fuzz, The Boneshaker is a kind of fuzz-tortion. What kinda fuzz are you looking for?
When I watch The Pedal Show fuzz shootout, I kinda really dig the Fuzz Face, and the Analogman equivalent.

But I also have a jones for an EQD Hoof. I don’t know why, other than the darkness would work well with my amp.

As for the Mesa, I believe they route the signal through the treble control first, which is what causes it to work that way. Why they make that choice is beyond me, but I like the tones that are available. You just have to get over the weird feeling of dialing one of those knobs way back and make a judgment with your ears.

When I watch The Pedal Show fuzz shootout, I kinda really dig the Fuzz Face, and the Analogman equivalent.

But I also have a jones for an EQD Hoof. I don’t know why, other than the darkness would work well with my amp.

As for the Mesa, I believe they route the signal through the treble control first, which is what causes it to work that way. Why they make that choice is beyond me, but I like the tones that are available. You just have to get over the weird feeling of dialing one of those knobs way back and make a judgment with your ears.

So you want a fuzz face, and you want a big muff. Try stacking the DOD Carcosa with the Boneshaker/Mesa and see what happens. It's a silicon fuzz face with tone and bias controls.

Back