The DOD Boneshaker is $50 again

72362507.jpg

The description says it's been designed for low end (e.g. drop-tuned, baritone & bass guitars), how does it sound with standard tuning?

Last edited:
72362507.jpg

The description says it's been designed for low end (e.g. drop-tuned, baritone & bass guitars), how does it sound with standard tuning?

According to Just Nick, great. Howie loves it, so it's gotta kick ass.

72362507.jpg

The reason it does so well in lower tunings is the depth knob and active EQ. Most dirt pedals have a low cut around 100hz to tighten up the bottom end. Low E on a bass is 41.2hz. Speakers have a difficult enough time accurately reproducing low frequencies, so you can see how this becomes a problem. The Boneshaker either doesn't have a bass cut, or has one at a much lower frequency. So it's great for bass and baritone, but that doesn't mean you can't use it in standard either.

Just arrived. Set the EQ flat and just messed with the drive and depth knobs and I dig it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to dig into tomorrow, but so far $50 well spent. Thanks for the heads up Howie!

Just arrived. Set the EQ flat and just messed with the drive and depth knobs and I dig it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to dig into tomorrow, but so far $50 well spent. Thanks for the heads up Howie!

Pro tip: crank the EQ levels for more distortion

Back