The death metal appreciation thread part deux

That's not Death Metal. That's poser-Prog with growl vox.

Hard pass.
It's certainly melodic death metal. But it does have just a hint of prog and a hint of power metal in it. That's why I like it :)

I'm not a fan of death or black metal where the production is crap and it's not melodic. I have to have melody and good production :embarrassed:

It's certainly melodic death metal. But it does have just a hint of prog and a hint of power metal in it. That's why I like it :)

I'm not a fan of death or black metal where the production is crap and it's not melodic. I have to have melody and good production :embarrassed:

So you don't like death metal :tongue:

I like polished death metal.

I don't like death metal that sounds like they recorded it their mom's basement :embarrassed:

Looks to me you like prog/power metal and don't mind a bit of death metal vocals.

But it does have just a hint of prog and a hint of power metal in it. That's why I like it :)
that's more than a hint.. I'd call it prog/power/whatever with a hint of death metal, not the other way around.

even melodeath is more death metal than that. (carcass, at the gates, etc)

Not death metal, but what would you call these guys? Just heard about them on Angry Metal Guy, and they remind me of Ensiferum and/or Wintersun:

And surprisingly they aren't from Finland, but from Asheville, North Carolina.

I've been digging this today:

Also heavy, hooky and riffy! and the vocals are freaky in a neat way.

maybe it's the whiskey talking, but I've been binging on alterage tonight, nihl and the more recent one... oh man, goood stuff, thanks to wok for bringing it to my attentions

Back