The Day Of The Message Board

Over at HC they had many technical issues, which cost them a lot of traffic.
Then they went for some sort of "12 year old friendly" certificate. This meant cracking down on anything remotely adult. The mods went power mad. I think you can get banned now for using the wrong font. The place is now run for the select few, whose role is to bore everyone else to death. The uk mod has made sure there are now few, if any uk contributors. Back in the day HC used to have good natured wind-ups and flame wars. Not now, all too thin skinned and over regulated. This place is far more mature.

I'll bump this for fear of it dropping to the lower half of the front page...

Oh my................

Don't be ridiculous.

65363709.jpg

Look, I know you and many hated Bucky and D-man, but they were just characters on the internet. Both were actually fairly decent folks when they weren't playing their parts. @tiger roach probably has the most posts there short of Steve, and I don't think there is a person here who could say ONE negative thing about him. So stop making shit up and just admit it was someplace that you didn't like and where some people didn't like you, and leave the name calling to less intelligent people.chears
I don't know how much of Bucky's stories were ficiton (probably most), but his thread were always entertaining. D-man was they guy touring with the burlesque show, right? Seemed like he had a decent thing going on with that. :shrug:

For me it was a forum attached to the then largest free tablature/sheet music archive, OLGA. I noticed the link for HC on the page and clicked on it. This was back in the old pre-forum days when it was like a giant list of topics rather than threads. It was even before the place went purple the first time around. I guess it was 1995-6 or so???? It sort of looked like craigslist when you view it without the pictures.

Damn, I forgot about OLGA.

I don't know how much of Bucky's stories were ficiton (probably most), but his thread were always entertaining. D-man was they guy touring with the burlesque show, right? Seemed like he had a decent thing going on with that. :shrug:

No, Dman (derivicus) was a one time GJ mod and self appointed thorn in the side of the ID-10-T brigade, many of whom still see red at the mere mention of his moniker some 10 years later. Many of them are here. He is a mechanic living in Ft Meyers Fl. and has a band that plays clubs in the area. Gennation was the burlesque dude..

I had about 12K posts on HC(mostly)EG and a join date of January 2000, but given the series of changes and screwups over the past five years or so, can't say I miss it...

I had about 12K posts on HC(mostly)EG and a join date of January 2000, but given the series of changes and screwups over the past five years or so, can't say I miss it...
Well perhaps that's because there's nothing to miss now...

Point is slowly getting across.....

The cool thing about this is that I don't feel the pressure of getting done what I'm getting done and feeling the need to check in\refresh, to see what's new..

Nothing new................

Back