The Customer is always right.........

realtree71

I crash bikes
seriously....

IMG_5559.JPG

Are those even real caps or other caps within an outer tube, like what Gibson does with their bumblebees?

I remember an old mainframe I worked on had cap's the size of beer cans. One blew one day and spewed stinky ass oil in the cabinet.

Are those even real caps or other caps within an outer tube, like what Gibson does with their bumblebees?

Real caps. Solen Fast Caps.

A brief primer...electrolytic caps offer high capacitance in a relatively small size...there are compromises you make for this...shorter lifespan. That is a reason we have to replace electrolytic caps every now and then.

Solens are BIG because they are NOT electrolytic caps, they are polypropylene (like the common 715 series orange drop). So now we have the flip side...long-life, may never need replacing...but
fuccillo-huge.jpg

Tone-wise and performance-wise, as with everything, there is no consensus. But I don't expect much difference.

Last edited:
yup like Wyatt said....... 1 of those puppies costs a little over $10..... Sound difference??..... meh I dont think much. I've used them in another Matchless type build... I didnt really notice much difference if any

I dont think I go through the airport carrying a few of these lol.....

Back