The Cicret Bracelet?

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

I get the feeling this is a scam but it would be cool if someone could actually develop it?

That is the kind of wearable device I might actually use. My guess is this is a mock up and some video special effects, as the bracelet seems to be too small to incorporate all parts of a real smart phone/tablet. It sure does look like a cool concept.

How does this device adapt to different skin color/tone? What happens if you are a really dark skinned black person? Does that increase the contrast or take away the brightness/white balance? Can it be calibrated to different skin tones? I'm really pale, so I guess it would work OK for me, but my wife is more dark olive tone, so would her colors be all off on this device? What about people with freckles?

That is the kind of wearable device I might actually use. My guess is this is a mock up and some video special effects, as the bracelet seems to be too small to incorporate all parts of a real smart phone/tablet. It sure does look like a cool concept.

How does this device adapt to different skin color/tone? What happens if you are a really dark skinned black person? Does that increase the contrast or take away the brightness/white balance? Can it be calibrated to different skin tones? I'm really pale, so I guess it would work OK for me, but my wife is more dark olive tone, so would her colors be all off on this device? What about people with freckles?
Those are some of the questions in the Youtube comments. Apparently there was some sort of crowdfunding thing going on for this but I can't find it.

Those are some of the questions in the Youtube comments. Apparently there was some sort of crowdfunding thing going on for this but I can't find it.

I went searching to and found that the crowdfunding project was closed. They didn't make there requested amount.

Back