The Bus

I used to take them when I lived in the city. There are no buses where I live now.

I used to take them when I lived in the city. There are no buses where I live now.

Don't know if you saw it, but MTA finally managed to build a portion of the 2nd Ave Subway. They routed the Q train to stops at 96, 86, and 72nd st. Connects to the F at 63rd & Lex, and resumes the normal Q route at 57th & 7. The next project is to extend it downtown, but funding is caught up in Trump's budget. He's against it, saying it's a local, not national concern.

Don't know if you saw it, but MTA finally managed to build a portion of the 2nd Ave Subway. They routed the Q train to stops at 96, 86, and 72nd st. Connects to the F at 63rd & Lex, and resumes the normal Q route at 57th & 7. The next project is to extend it downtown, but funding is caught up in Trump's budget. He's against it, saying it's a local, not national concern.

I was in NYC a few months ago and saw that. About time! When I was there (2000-late 2005) we had to take the bus on the UES. Closest subway to my old place (500 E.63rd) was down by Bloomingdales at 59 and Lex. Not very convenient.

Only shuttle buses at the airport or festival type events where parking is off site.

In my city, I can drive to any place in less than 15 minutes. A bus ride to the same place consumes a minimum of an hour, but usually closer to two hours and usually requires transferring to another bus.

If all I ever did was go downtown, the bus would be okay. It might take 25 minutes at most.
As soon as I want to go to another part of town, there is the wait at the depot to transfer and then the ride back out.
There are very few transfer points other than downtown.

I've never uber'd or lyfted.

No. Not much public transit here and what we have isn't very convenient. When I go to DC I do take the metro from the suburbs into the city.

I take it to work sometimes. Coming home through the canyon is iffy after a 13 hour day. I'm better not driving.

I drive but that's because I live in the suburbs.

If I'm going to NYC I mostly bus it but sometimes I drive, depending on the situation.

Back