The Binge Thread

Cheese Grits

Kick Henry Jackassowski
So... I’m apparently on a bit of an spree.

Yesterday, I bought an EQD Hoof fuzz from some guy on Reverb.

About 10 days ago, I grabbed a Keeley 4-knob compressor.

A couple of days before that, I bought the DOD Boneshaker (dig it).

I also grabbed a dual foot switch from BOSS to control the looper on my AC-33.

It’s happening anyway, so I’m just going to outline some additional pedal acquisition goals while I’m on this binge.

- volume pedal (priority high)
- synth (I want to be able to make 80’s analogue synth lead sounds)
- phaser (got my eye on the EQD Grand Orbiter)
- Sunrise Preamp Buffer Box (for my acoustic)
- looper (I still have a boner for looping, and I don’t think it going to be satisfied just with the AC-33. Have my eye in the EHX 22500)
- tremolo (had this on my old amp, and I miss it... you know, just in case I feel like playing What’s The Frequency Kenneth)

That’s like $1,000 worth if stuff that I’m gassing for.

We’ll see where this goes. At least it’s all laid out there.

So... I’m apparently on a bit of an spree.

Yesterday, I bought an EQD Hoof fuzz from some guy on Reverb.

About 10 days ago, I grabbed a Keeley 4-knob compressor.

A couple of days before that, I bought the DOD Boneshaker (dig it).

I also grabbed a dual foot switch from BOSS to control the looper on my AC-33.

It’s happening anyway, so I’m just going to outline some additional pedal acquisition goals while I’m on this binge.

- volume pedal (priority high)
- synth (I want to be able to make 80’s analogue synth lead sounds)
- phaser (got my eye on the EQD Grand Orbiter)
- Sunrise Preamp Buffer Box (for my acoustic)
- looper (I still have a boner for looping, and I don’t think it going to be satisfied just with the AC-33. Have my eye in the EHX 22500)
- tremolo (had this on my old amp, and I miss it... you know, just in case I feel like playing What’s The Frequency Kenneth)

That’s like $1,000 worth if stuff that I’m gassing for.

We’ll see where this goes. At least it’s all laid out there.

Volume Pedal - Ernie Ball MVP.
Phase - MXR Phase 95, EHX Bad Stone. The EQD is cool, but it's still just a tweaked out Phase 90. If you want super weird, check out the Subdecay Quasar DLX
Tremolo - "What's the Frequency Kenneth" was Peter Buck flicking the switch of his Les Paul between pickups, one of which was off. This created a faux square wave tremolo, which most tremolo pedals don't do well. A great square wave tremolo is the Catalinbread Valcoder, because it adds a mix knob, giving faux-Fender sounds. But if you want a tremolo for everything but that hard square sound, just get a recent BOSS TR-2. It's a great sounding tremolo.

It’s all happening!!!!!
90b98fa176eca75952ea535f4a111571.jpg

So that's how it is in that family.
Erm...

I really need someone to play with now. I may wait until the end of the year, and just stick a drum kit and bass rig in our top floor loft space. I bet it would be not too difficult to get a regular session together if I made it super simple for everyone to just show up and play. I AM FEELING THE BUG TO PLAY RAWK MUSIC.

Ok, the binge continues. I called my Sweetwater sales engineer today and asked him to cut me a deal on a pile of stuff, and sure enough, he was down. He knocked of about 11% and threw in free expedited shipping. My wife is going to be very confused.

I really wish I hadn't sold my EQD Hoof Reaper. One of these days I'll pick up another.
What’s the diff between the Hoof and Hoof Reaper? I never paid enough attention to figure it out. I just know that the Hoof is the fuzz sound I’ve been craving.

What’s the diff between the Hoof and Hoof Reaper? I never paid enough attention to figure it out. I just know that the Hoof is the fuzz sound I’ve been craving.

Hoof Reaper is a double pedal. Hoof on one side, Reaper on the other.

Back