The Answer to "Is the MXR DC Brick isolated"

Ok, let me slow down here so you can take it all in.

The first generation Pedaltrain Junior, on the bottom, just has straight rails. On later versions, they changed the pattern to include a cutout specifically for the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2, and drilled two holes in the front to accommodate cables. They made it that way until the newest version, the Classic, which is taller and can accommodate a power supply without the cutout.

My question to Pedaltrain was whether my version can use their current mounts, to accommodate the ISO Brick. Because it wasn't designed with a power supply in-mind. I'm not buying a power supply that doesn't fit all of my requirements.

By at least an inch.

Too bad. I was thinking you could take off the rubber feet, add some washers and use a longer screw to put them back on, but that won't work for an inch or more. Do you have the power supply for the pitch factor (or whatever the 400ma pedal is?) When I had a Styrmon, I had the older pedal power that didn't work with the Strymon's so I just ran the Strymon's power supply for that pedal.

Too bad. I was thinking you could take off the rubber feet, add some washers and use a longer screw to put them back on, but that won't work for an inch or more. Do you have the power supply for the pitch factor (or whatever the 400ma pedal is?) When I had a Styrmon, I had the older pedal power that didn't work with the Strymon's so I just ran the Strymon's power supply for that pedal.

Well that's what I do with the One Spot now. It powers everything but the Pitchfactor, which is 400mA; and the TZF, which is AC power. I'd also like to isolate my EHX Freeze. With all that going on, the ISO Brick seems like the one. Oh well.

Well that's what I do with the One Spot now. It powers everything but the Pitchfactor, which is 400mA; and the TZF, which is AC power. I'd also like to isolate my EHX Freeze. With all that going on, the ISO Brick seems like the one. Oh well.
Take off the feet and go get 1" rubber feet and a new screw at Home Depot. The angle may be more pleasing as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just learned a valuable lesson about isolated power.
I re-built a basic board for my Quickrod this afternoon and powered it all up with a cheap Cadine non-isolated supply. It had a shit ton of noise coming out of it even with a gate. I kept plugging straight in and "curing" the noise. It took a few minutes but it dawned on me that the wireless was the culprit. So I plugged in the power supply that came with it and it took care of the problem.
Needless to say, bought an isolated supply online....live and learn.

Basically...

Hey -

GFY.

Warmest regards,
Pedaltrain

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OTOH, I don't actually need to buy an isolated power supply and my board is perfectly serviceable. So why change things when I'm gonna sell half of it in 2 years anyway?

Reactions: OGG
Back