The amp that you always wanted to get but....

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
something happened.

The first one was a Dumble. This was in 1989 that I began to inquire and found out about the 6 month waiting list. )No big deal as my Mesa Boogie that I bought in 1979 had a 1-2 month waiting list and you had to pay 50% up front.) Well trying to locate Dumble was already difficult. I had a few leads but that soon petered out.

The second one was a Trainwreck. I began reading Ken Fischer's column in Vintage Guitar magazine and really enjoyed it. Started to research about his amps and found that it was something was I was interested in and began corresponding with him around '96-'97. During our conversations, Ken mentioned that he was ill and would only work do repair work for the time being. Of the new amps that he did work on, were orders that he already committed to prior to illness. He did say though that he would build one for me if he got better. Sadly he lost his life in 2006.

Never really had anything like that. I considered the DUmble in the early 90's when there was hype and only a 2 year wait and decided that was a bad idea for $5500.

I'd love another SIlver Jubilee just to have even though I'd never be able to use it.

Soldano SLO 50 they had at Thomann back in 94 was perfect for me and I would have loved it to death. What happened was, I was too much of a cheap bastard to buy it.

The money is no object amp would be an Engl Steve Morse:

E656_Front.jpg

Never really had anything like that. I considered the DUmble in the early 90's when there was hype and only a 2 year wait and decided that was a bad idea for $5500.

I'd love another SIlver Jubilee just to have even though I'd never be able to use it.
Attenuator....

There are plenty of amps I've wanted and I think I have owned most of them :grin:

There are a ton out there now that I would love to try out to see if I want them. A Morgan AC40 deluxe is high on the list as well as an Allen Accomplice. I'm really happy with my Mesa F50 though so no hurry to find something else.

I've always wanted a Vox AC-30 and I'm not even sure why. I've never played through one, but I like the tones of a lot of folks that do. :shrug: The funny part is it's not even like their unobtainable (like say, a Dumble), but I can't really justify spending the money on one.

I've always wanted a Vox AC-30 and I'm not even sure why. I've never played through one, but I like the tones of a lot of folks that do. :shrug: The funny part is it's not even like their unobtainable (like say, a Dumble), but I can't really justify spending the money on one.

You could always get an AC15. My dad has one and it sounds awesome.

so many...

verellen skyhammer
splawn quickrod or nitro
prs archon
friedman JJ or butterslax
hovercraft caribou or falcon
mesa mark IV
orange dual dark 100
bogner uber or 101b

I would sort of like a Fender Musicmaster amp to go along with my Musicmaster guitar, but they're all about $500 these days, and I don't really want to pay that much.

Back