The amp that sucks so bad that its almost cool.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
A student left this at Premier 4-5 years ago and it's been parked the whole time until a week or two ago. I discovered that if I try to get the sounds I'm "supposed to" as listed in the DSP portion of the amp it sucks a bowl of dicks. If I just try to get the clean channel to crunch out the speaker I get a decent crappy blues sound from it.

10835433_10152957616302425_8104267279171898439_o.jpg

Yeah, I guess when the student left the amp and never came back to get it, the story of that amp was told right there. Glad to hear there could be something useful, though, even if it's only decently crappy.

You could always take this to extremes and stick a BBE Sonic Maximiser in front of it, just to make really sure it's a properly crappy sound. :grin:

never played one of the frontman amps, but I can say that they seem to be a staple of yard sales round these parts...

Best "amp about to explode" Neil Young tone I ever used was a friend's practice amp (Stinger, Gorilla, or something similar) with 12" speaker c-clamped on the back (it didn't fit in the cabinet) along with a old Digitech digital delay for some slapback.

never played one of the frontman amps, but I can say that they seem to be a staple of yard sales round these parts...

Yeah. Typically all of these amps sound like garbage.
Best "amp about to explode" Neil Young tone I ever used was a friend's practice amp (Stinger, Gorilla, or something similar) with 12" speaker c-clamped on the back (it didn't fit in the cabinet) along with a old Digitech digital delay for some slapback.

Most of our small Fender Frontman and Champion amps around here sound pretty (er...relatively) good if you try and crap the speaker out.

ill trade you my BF twin reverb logo for that flat logo.
my twin is blonde and needs that era fender logo

Back