Question: The age old "plexi in a box under $100" answer is...

People still chase Plexi tone? Shiiiiit, I just found a company in Brazil that sells a Matamp-in-a-box. And I already know the time and date when I’ll be clicking ORDER because a client is about to drop a pile of money into my bank account.

AMT M1 maybe. Or they have a drive version which is not a preamp but rather a normal type dirt box.

I've never tried them but I have been impressed online. I would personally snag their Soldano emulator though.

I don't know what this costs over there but here's the new M2 version. Costs about 100-120 over here.

Last edited:
May be leaning toward this:

DarkMatter-large.jpg

There is a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret used on ebay for 89.99 . I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat. For under a hundo your options are limited. The Joyo crunch distortion is a copy of the MI Audio Crunch Box and it sounds pretty Mashall-ish for $30 new on Ebay. The Crunch Box was a big HC fad about a decade ago. You can get a Zvex Vexter Box of Rock used for a little over $100, The Mooer Cruncher is an other MI AUDIO Crunch Box clone but it's got a tiny tiny footprint and they go for like $80 new. That's all I got.

Another pedal that "I" think gets overlooked is the MXR Super Badass Distortion. I think they are $100 new. If you combine reliability and sound together it doesn't get any better for this for under a hundo.

People still chase Plexi tone? Shiiiiit, I just found a company in Brazil that sells a Matamp-in-a-box. And I already know the time and date when I’ll be clicking ORDER because a client is about to drop a pile of money into my bank account.

Please share.

There is a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret used on ebay for 89.99 . I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat. For under a hundo your options are limited. The Joyo crunch distortion is a copy of the MI Audio Crunch Box and it sounds pretty Mashall-ish for $30 new on Ebay. The Crunch Box was a big HC fad about a decade ago. You can get a Zvex Vexter Box of Rock used for a little over $100, The Mooer Cruncher is an other MI AUDIO Crunch Box clone but it's got a tiny tiny footprint and they go for like $80 new. That's all I got.

I have a DLS mkII and like it quite a bit.

Please share.

I'd guess it's Monstro

A little more than $100, but an incredible plexi pedal. The Daily Grind from Andy Green Pedals.
787fcac275e002e7febcf71eeb3d9821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have a new answer to this age old question. Tone City Golden Plexi. Apparently one of the guys who was behind Mooer pedals is responsible for these pedals. I have no idea if they are a copy of anything (which they probably are) but holy fuckballs batman, this Golden Plexi pedal sounds hot for 70 bucks.

5:19 of this video

Well I have a new answer to this age old question. Tone City Golden Plexi. Apparently one of the guys who was behind Mooer pedals is responsible for these pedals. I have no idea if they are a copy of anything (which they probably are) but holy fuckballs batman, this Golden Plexi pedal sounds hot for 70 bucks.

5:19 of this video

Yeah, saw that vid last weekend. Holy shit. :embarrassed:
I'd be getting one if I didn't already have the Dark Matter...

Also thought the vibe pedal was quite cool. :)

Back