The age of Tubby Tone begins!

Don't take this the wrong way....it's not specifically aimed at you. But I wouldn't donate my money to a Gofundme just so somebody can produce a YouTube channel.
I would think that most people with popular channels started with their own money and then solicited various companies for endorsements once their channel was popular enough.
But I would be happy to subscribe to you're page if that helps at all.

Don't take this the wrong way....it's not specifically aimed at you. But I wouldn't donate my money to a Gofundme just so somebody can produce a YouTube channel.
I would think that most people with popular channels started with their own money and then solicited various companies for endorsements once their channel was popular enough.
But I would be happy to subscribe to you're page if that helps at all.
Well, that was half my thought, so, no, I don't take it the wrong way.

I guess the only reason I even thought of it was that most GFMs seem to be like "GIMME $400,000!!!!" and I'm like "$500 will do." LOL

As far as the actual gear being demoed on the channel, that will be provided by the manufacturers either with a small fee or as the fee itself.

Well, that was half my thought, so, no, I don't take it the wrong way.

I guess the only reason I even thought of it was that most GFMs seem to be like "GIMME $400,000!!!!" and I'm like "$500 will do." LOL

As far as the actual gear being demoed on the channel, that will be provided by the manufacturers either with a small fee or as the fee itself.
Can't hurt to try.
Like Wagdog said...it can't hurt. $500 is a reasonable amount.

If I was going to do demo vids, the first thing I'd do is work on eliminating filler words like ummm and uhhh from my presentations. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging on you as it's something we all do unless we consciously practice on not doing it. If you're going to talk on the vids, having a decent script & presenting it well is a good skill to develop.

My general POV on YT gear videos: vids with 1 person talking about gear are pretty dry & uninteresting to me; especially when someone is just reading off a list of specs or other data I can easily look up (and probably already have) then vamping for a couple minutes before ever plugging in. OTOH a format like That Pedal Show, where it's a conversation between two guys who have insightful perspectives/content, is more conducive to a greater talking to playing ratio..but again, it needs the right guys, not just two mooks off the street. I like the gear demo'd in a pretty vanilla format so I can figure out how it's going to sound in my rig so slick production or showing off killer chops isn't needed however decent audio recording quality is.

Anywho, it's your dance party so have fun and good luck.

My only complaint with That Pedal Show is that it's just too damn long. I realize that it's a show and not a pedal demo. But I'll choose a short YT video over TPS any day. I just can't sit through 30+ minutes of that shit.

My only complaint with That Pedal Show is that it's just too damn long. I realize that it's a show and not a pedal demo. But I'll choose a short YT video over TPS any day. I just can't sit through 30+ minutes of that shit.

It is too long. They're also incredibly biased.

I like the Phil X Fretted Americana videos. Check those out. I can watch those all day. I like that they are off the cuff, clams and all.

Maybe try a lavalier mic and mix the dialog.

What gear can we expect to see next?

If I was going to do demo vids, the first thing I'd do is work on eliminating filler words like ummm and uhhh from my presentations. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bagging on you as it's something we all do unless we consciously practice on not doing it. If you're going to talk on the vids, having a decent script & presenting it well is a good skill to develop.

My general POV on YT gear videos: vids with 1 person talking about gear are pretty dry & uninteresting to me; especially when someone is just reading off a list of specs or other data I can easily look up (and probably already have) then vamping for a couple minutes before ever plugging in. OTOH a format like That Pedal Show, where it's a conversation between two guys who have insightful perspectives/content, is more conducive to a greater talking to playing ratio..but again, it needs the right guys, not just two mooks off the street. I like the gear demo'd in a pretty vanilla format so I can figure out how it's going to sound in my rig so slick production or showing off killer chops isn't needed however decent audio recording quality is.

Anywho, it's your dance party so have fun and good luck.
Yeah, I'm not looking to do a ton of talking. I hate when I watch videos and it's a guy that sits there holding a guitar for 10 minutes and only plays for 30 seconds. Makes me want to punch my screen.

My buddy behind the camera is my partner on my radio show and we've got some good banter going on there, but we're also a couple assholes that go on tangents, and it would become less about the gear then. My goal in doing this is to have demos where you don't have some jerkoff with his cellphone recording a video to demo an amp that's nowhere near the camera but the mic of the phone is right up against the strings giving you the wondrous sound of "PLINK PLINK PLINK".

I love TPS, but I've also found that lately I haven't had time to sit down and watch them much.

I like the Phil X Fretted Americana videos. Check those out. I can watch those all day. I like that they are off the cuff, clams and all.

Maybe try a lavalier mic and mix the dialog.

What gear can we expect to see next?
I've got something coming from Justin TenCate and I THINK some stuff coming from Jet City. I'm just waiting for Doug to get back to me. I think once I have a few videos in the can it'll get more interest and I can get more gear.

Well, I set up the GoFundMe. I'm not going to post it here, though, unless Mark explicitly tells me he's cool with it.

I'm bumping this because Justin is moving the introductory sales of the pedal up to help out a family he's close to who recently was involved in a terrible car accident, resulting in one of their children requiring brain surgery.

Please click the link below for details. Watch my video if you want to get an idea of what the pedal can do. Even if you don't buy one pass on the post because all the profits go to help out the Jameson family.

https://www.facebook.com/jetencate/posts/10212530505962933

Back