The __________ should be on every pedal board.

:grin:

Let me ask you guys a question... You ever have a problem using a headstock tuner in a loud environment?

I've had Snarks that are less sensitive than others and not so good at tuning. But as a general rule, no.

I bought my Polytune Mini while playing bass in the power pop band because my Reverend has "Prototype" written in marker on the back of the headstock where the tuner would go. I didn't want that to rub off, so I bought the pedal. Been a non-issue since. But I don't think it keeps tune any better than a headstock tuner, and I'll probably get a Polytune clip-on when the next generation comes out.

I've had Snarks that are less sensitive than others and not so good at tuning. But as a general rule, no.

I bought my Polytune Mini while playing bass in the power pop band because my Reverend has "Prototype" written in marker on the back of the headstock where the tuner would go. I didn't want that to rub off, so I bought the pedal. Been a non-issue since. But I don't think it keeps tune any better than a headstock tuner, and I'll probably get a Polytune clip-on when the next generation comes out.
I've had a snark not work at a blues jam when everyone was blasting away. I think that all of the massive noise going on in the room made the guitar vibrate to the point of fucking the tuner reading up.

I've had a snark not work at a blues jam when everyone was blasting away. I think that all of the massive noise going on in the room made the guitar vibrate to the point of fucking the tuner reading up.

There are different models of Snarks. One has a mic in it, in addition to whatever it is that picks up vibrations. Are you sure you were not in mic mode?

Back