The 2018 Gibson lineup

If I had won that recent huge MegaMillions jackpot I would have bought two of each, then hire a full time guitar tech to fix all of the problems. Then I would give one of each model to completely undeserving lazy bastards who (don't) deserve a prize for being so lazy.

The others I would throw in a hammer mill all at once just to watch the carnage.

If I had won that recent huge MegaMillions jackpot I would have bought two of each, then hire a full time guitar tech to fix all of the problems. Then I would give one of each model to completely undeserving lazy bastards who (don't) deserve a prize for being so lazy.

The others I would throw in a hammer mill all at once just to watch the carnage.
You've really thought this out...

You've really thought this out...
Not completely.

That part is pretty clear in my mind. I'm wrestling with the idea to open my own guitar factory that would have the reputation as the authoratative source on proper fretwork or just retiring and taking up that cocaine habit I always wanted but couldn't afford.

Would have been a tough choice but I didn't win. :(

Looks like they kept a few of the lower-end models from 2017, like the LP Tribute Satins (excellent guitars, BTW). The exception is that they have ditched the gig bag in favor of a "soft case" (hmmm...?) and added $100 to the price. I would just-as-soon get one of the remaining 2017s for nearly $200 less right now, and deal with the gig bag for now.

THIS looks killer:

firebird.png

So the HP models now have mallcore tops and knobs, and few models got $100 price jumps. BFD. Not that Gibson needs to make a big splash with new models every fall, so maybe they’ll just take it easy and let the SG and Les Paul sales keep bringing the money in.

First time I've seen the term "mallcore". Had to look it up. Still don't understand...

For a while mallcore bands were all endorsing MIK guitars with colorful blingy tops. Particularly Schecter Hellraisers with blingy red tops.

Back