Holy shit!

Holy shit Ricciardo!
Holy shit Bottas!
Holy shit Stroll!
Holy shit Hamilton!
Holy shit Vettel!
Holy shit Force India!
Holy shit Magnussen!

Vettel got 3 points added to his superlicense after the race for a total of 9 and is now 3 points away from a race ban.

Hamilton basically challenged Vettel to a fight after the race: “If he wants to prove that he’s a man, I think we should do it out of the car, face-to-face.” So much for a friendly fight for the WDC.

I tried watching the race,but it was on a Spanish channel.

I can't do that unless I have subtitles so I can hit mute.

Too bad, you missed an insane race!
That's the price you pay for not having cable.

If my roommate would pay his bills I would have internet and cable.

As it is now,I would have to put a slug in him every month to get paid.

That was a very wild race. That last lap pass Bottas made on Stroll was awesome! It was nice to see different teams and faces on the podium. Congrats to Ricciardo on his first win of the year. Red Bull look like they are coming to life. Merc and Ferrari are making mistakes, and I think the pressure of competition is getting to them, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Red Bull steal another win or two this year.

McLaren finally finished a race and collected some points this year! Alonso's radio comment was funny "We could have won the race". rotflmao

Wow!

Bottas once again takes out Kimi. Sooner or later, they're gonna duke it out, and my money is on Kimi sending Valteri to the dentist for some new grill work.

Sainz can't drive.

Sergio is still a psycho that loves to channel the spirit of Pastor Maldonado.

Kvyat continues to be about as unlucky as anyone in F1 history... short of Felipe Massa who got totally Rat Fucked again! This time for a podium spot.

Grosjean's brakes still don't work after 8 races.

Fernando Alonso issued the greatest EPIC SMACKDOWN VIA RADIO ever! That was brutal and hilarious.

Hamilton is a fucking dickbag as always. The fact that he abruptly backed off wasn't necessarily a dick move, but doing WHEN and WHERE he did it was ABSOLUTELY a dick move. No way Vettel could have reacted in time, he had no chance to avoid running up onto the Mercedes.

Vettel lost his damned mind (which I understand to a degree based on the fact that Lewis undoubtedly fucked him), but I can't imagine what went through his head when he pulled alongside Lewis and went NASCAR on his ass with the purposeful hit. Lewis had just handed him the victory, and he threw it away being a baby.

Hell of a drive by Ricciardo. Well done.

I think the last second "pass" on Stroll by Bottas was pretty lame. Definitely in poor taste. Maybe Stroll backed off prematurely, but having his first podium appearance changed from P2 to P3 at the finish line by a guy who is not in the Championship race was a little shitty. I know... It's racing, points matter, yada yada. I'd have let the kid have his P2.

Only saw the last 20 or so laps of the race but by far the most entertaining race of the year. Hopefully there is more to come but I kind of doubt it. The pass at the end shows just how much faster the Mercs are than other cars. I noticed on the telemetry that Hamilton's top speed was about 5-10 kph faster that Vettels on the straights as well.

Vettel had a complete road rage incident.

Great job by the kid. A couple of weeks after comments that he was the worst rookie driver in the history of F1, he has an 8th place and a podium and has looked poised in the race. Maybe he's figuring it all out and Williams knew what they were doing all along :shrug:

Vettel lost his damned mind (which I understand to a degree based on the fact that Lewis undoubtedly fucked him), but I can't imagine what went through his head when he pulled alongside Lewis and went NASCAR on his ass with the purposeful hit. Lewis had just handed him the victory, and he threw it away being a baby.

I think the last second "pass" on Stroll by Bottas was pretty lame. Definitely in poor taste. Maybe Stroll backed off prematurely, but having his first podium appearance changed from P2 to P3 at the finish line by a guy who is not in the Championship race was a little shitty. I know... It's racing, points matter, yada yada. I'd have let the kid have his P2.

Lewis didn't hand Vettel the victory until his collar came loose. He didn't get penalized for brake checking Vettel. Mercedes threw away the win with that collar fuckup.

If you were Bottas and had let up to give Stroll 2nd, both Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda would have stuck their foot up your ass. They would have seen it on telemetry. I was really bummed that Stroll got passed, but that's racing.

Great job by the kid. A couple of weeks after comments that he was the worst rookie driver in the history of F1, he has an 8th place and a podium and has looked poised in the race. Maybe he's figuring it all out and Williams knew what they were doing all along :shrug:

The kid's got some talent, but let's be frank (no pun intended): Williams hired him for his dad's checkbook. Not that that's a bad thing. You can't run an F1 team without a pile of money.

Hamilton did NOT brake check Vettel no matter what the whiny little crybaby says,

While following behind the safety car, Formula One Sporting Regulation 39.10 says "the race leader must keep within ten car lengths" of the safety car. Once it is announced that the safety car is coming in and it's lights go out, Sporting Regulation 39.13 says that the lead car can back off to more than ten car lengths.

When the clerk of the course decides it is safe to call in the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR IN THIS LAP" will be sent to all teams via the official messaging system and the car's orange lights will be extinguished. This will be the signal to the teams and drivers that it will be entering the pit lane at the end of that lap.

At this point the first car in line behind the safety car may dictate the pace and, if necessary, fall more than ten car lengths behind it.

In order to avoid the likelihood of accidents before the safety car returns to the pits, from the point at which the lights on the car are turned out drivers must proceed at a pace which involves no erratic acceleration or braking nor any other manoeuvre which is likely to endanger other drivers or impede the restart.

When the race stewards reviewed the incident during the red flag period, they looked at the telemetry data from the cars, some of which they would have had to get from the teams.

The data showed that Hamilton did not brake-check Vettel. Hamilton did not substantially change speed or alter his driving when exiting the corner. In fact, the data showed that he took and exited the corner in a virtually identical manner as he had during the previous safety car. Hamilton was found to be in compliance with the second bold highlighted second of the regulation listed above.

http://www.thedrive.com/start-finis...mies-hamilton-and-vettel-are-now-just-enemies

Stewards at F1's Azerbaijan GP found no evidence in telemetry data of Lewis Hamilton either brake-testing or lifting off unexpectedly in his clash with Sebastian Vettel before Sunday's second safety car restart.
Although Vettel is adamant that he was brake-tested on the exit of Turn 15 prior to him making contact with the rear of the Mercedes, analysis of data from Hamilton's car by the FIA showed no proof of that.

The FIA investigation, which took place during the course of the race, threw up no suggestion that Hamilton had braked nor lifted off entirely.

Furthermore, analysis of how Hamilton had behaved in the first safety car restart, and the one after the incident, showed that the British driver had behaved exactly the same at that point of the track as he prepared to get back up to racing speed.

For with a long run up between the following Turn 16 and the safety car line, he had to back off to ensure that he did not break the rules by overtaking the safety car before he was allowed.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-hamilton-vettel-baku-brake-testing-923425/

I can't argue with the telemetry data. I only know that watching the incident from multiple angles all "look" as though it was Lewis' car that had the sudden change in pace. That being the case, I'd be curious to see the telemetry from Seb's car. The only explanation left is that Seb suddenly sped up.

I don't know. Like I said, Vettel lost his mind, and the sure victory because of that incident.

Yes, Lewis lost his advantage due to the later issue with the Collar. Had the first incident never happened, Seb was a lock to take P1. Vettel cost himself the victory.

Both of them have a history of acting like spoiled children. Hard to feel sorry for either of them to be honest. I just generally dislike Lewis more than Seb.

Crazy to think that neither of them made the Podium in a race where neither of them had to retire their car. That might be the most shocking part, especially considering Bottas finished 2nd after being a lap behind at one point.

Pretty sure both Lewis and Seb will have some unpleasant conversations with their team principles this week.

I can't argue with the telemetry data. I only know that watching the incident from multiple angles all "look" as though it was Lewis' car that had the sudden change in pace. That being the case, I'd be curious to see the telemetry from Seb's car. The only explanation left is that Seb suddenly sped up.

I don't know. Like I said, Vettel lost his mind, and the sure victory because of that incident.

Yes, Lewis lost his advantage due to the later issue with the Collar. Had the first incident never happened, Seb was a lock to take P1. Vettel cost himself the victory.

Both of them have a history of acting like spoiled children. Hard to feel sorry for either of them to be honest. I just generally dislike Lewis more than Seb.

Crazy to think that neither of them made the Podium in a race where neither of them had to retire their car. That might be the most shocking part, especially considering Bottas finished 2nd after being a lap behind at one point.

Pretty sure both Lewis and Seb will have some unpleasant conversations with their team principles this week.

Why would Lewis be in trouble with the TP? He did nothing wrong.The only thing that put him down was that collar issue, which wasn't his fault, and Vettel didn't make it easy for him to pass. Also Bottas benefited from 2 safety cars and a red flag, and he didn't have to pass any cars that had equal performance to his own, and he had a lot more laps to make up ground.

Vettel, on the other hand, does have some explaining to do, because he did throw away a likely win, and a definite podium with his poor judgement.

Why would Lewis be in trouble with the TP? He did nothing wrong.The only thing that put him down was that collar issue, which wasn't his fault, and Vettel didn't make it easy for him to pass. Also Bottas benefited from 2 safety cars and a red flag, and he didn't have to pass any cars that had equal performance to his own, and he had a lot more laps to make up ground.

Vettel, on the other hand, does have some explaining to do, because he did throw away a likely win, and a definite podium with his poor judgement.
In Lewis' case, it won't be a matter of him being in trouble but rather him being very "Lewis" about the mistakes made that put him out of the race. He's going to blame everyone who was in attendance. On one hand, he has a right to be upset, on the other, he's such a whiney little shit, that he'll throw a fit. The championship is neck and neck, and him missing an opportunity to put big points between himself and Seb is going to make him bonkers.

Not to mention... even a Saint could only put up with Niki Lauda's abrasive assholery for so long. Can't imagine it would take more than a word or two from that crusty old bastard to get a well dressed STFU! I couldn't be on a team with that old man. No way. All due respect in regards to his driving career, he shouldn't be in coaching/leading/mentor type role anywhere.

He's the "White Goodman" of the Racing world. I'll take Peter LaFleur over him any old day of the week.

And no... I know what you're thinking, "wouldn't Niki be more like Patches O'Hoolihan?"

No.

He's White Goodman, trust me on this Cotton.

Rumor has it Jean Todt might call Vettel on the carpet for being a petty, vindictive little bitch and give him a race ban. Given Todt's nutless leadership thus far, I don't see it happening.

So Vettel got called on the carpet, admitted he fucked up, apologized and got no further punishment. Todt is an asshole. slap0

Great race, especially the end, with Vettel on Bottas' gearbox, and the great battle between Ricciardo and Hamilton! Congrats to Valtteri on #2.

Poor Verstappen can't buy a break, but Grosjean finished 6th!

It's nice to see the very tight gaps between the cars at the end of the race. Ricciardo was only 8 second behind the leader, and there were no safety cars to bring the field back together. I hope this trend continues, as it will means there will be many more close battles on the track, and it could be a three way fight between Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull in the latter part of the season.

Congrats to Haas for getting their package right and finishing so well. Too bad for Magnussen though. I think Haas may be a front runner in a few years. They seem to be getting a handle on things very quickly, and with more experience I can see them making some some leaps forward in a couple of years.

Not too exciting a race, but the end was good. Great drive by Bottas. Ferrari definitely has some homework to do. Two left front tire failures on the last two laps of the race.

Kvyat is working hard to lose his job.

Back