The 200,000 club

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I just joined the club yesterday. My 2002 Honda CRV just went over 200K on the drive to work. I bought the CRV used in 2010 with just over 50K on it. For the most part it has been a pretty good car. Since I now drive about 60 miles to work (and 60 back) every day it is getting a lot of highway miles and those are easier on the car. So at this point I am hoping to get at least another 50K out of it. Really, I need to. My wife's car (2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee) went over 200K three weeks ago and it has some major transmission issues. WE have a fairly good chunk of cash set aside for another car for her and are planning on getting her something in the spring. We should have about $18K saved up by then. She wants a new car. I want to avoid car payments and want her to get a really nice used car paid with cash. With my car no doubt needing to be replaced soon as well (at least in the next two years), two car payments would be brutal financially. We will see what happens with that discussion soon.

In the meantime - this is the first car I've owned over 200K. I'd say it feels good, but one of my co-workers has a Toyota Tacoma with over 350K on it.

Carol had two Honda Accords with well over 200,000 miles on them. When they started costing too much for repairs her brother bought them from her and still has both on the road. I had a CRV the first year they came out; I thought it was really nice.

My faithful '99 Maxima...

Still strong as an ox and a pleasure to drive. Never needed a major repair, original engine and transmission. Continues to shift smoothly and right on cue. Horse power and torque by the bucket load (290 BHP). It sat unused and relegated to "back up car" status for years. Despite that, it fired right up and ran strong and smooth. Once I started driving it again, I really questioned why I had abandoned it for so long. It might be 18 years old, but it's modern car fast and then some, rides great, handles exceptionally well for a sedan. I just love this car.
ab86c86230acd06537a83a9197a36dc6.jpg

My Ford Galaxy that I just replaced in June had over 360,000 km, So it qualified.

Drivetrain was still strong, it just had too many other problems.

I just hit 215,000 on the Land rover
my wife's got 265,000 on her Saturn
There's 185,000 on the Jaguar
And 316,000 on the S-10 Blazer

My faithful '99 Maxima...

Still strong as an ox and a pleasure to drive. Never needed a major repair, original engine and transmission. Continues to shift smoothly and right on cue. Horse power and torque by the bucket load (290 BHP). It sat unused and relegated to "back up car" status for years. Despite that, it fired right up and ran strong and smooth. Once I started driving it again, I really questioned why I had abandoned it for so long. It might be 18 years old, but it's modern car fast and then some, rides great, handles exceptionally well for a sedan. I just love this car.
ab86c86230acd06537a83a9197a36dc6.jpg

I had a 98 Infiniti I30t with a stick back in the day. Basically a mega-lux Maxima SE and very, very rare. I loved it so much. Probably my favorite car I've ever owned.

Reactions: OGG
240K on wife’s 2000 Solara. Never a problem. 2x year oil change synth, whether it needs it or not. I don’t know why it still runs, I’m no mechanic, and I’m pretty sure she’s not seeing one on the side...or is she?

The engine and tranny in mine have been awesome - no major repairs.

Other stuff have been problems though - engine mounts all went bad. Every lock has gone bad. AC blew up years ago. Still - overall it is a tank. I get the oil changed about every two months (5K or so). And the front struts are shot (original) so those will be replaced by spring if not sooner.

...and here I thought I was the only one to drive vehicles to their limit, but it's actually a big club. My '02 CMC Sierra is at 261k and still going strong.

Mrs. P and I got 245k out of our 04 Dodge Stratus and it was still a great car when we gave it away.

My 00 Ranger had 217k when I sold it, but I did a ton of work to get it there.

The first vehicle I bought was a 93 Explorer. It had 189k when I sold it to my mom's neighbor in 2003. He drove it until last year. Had over 500k on it.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OGG
Back