That's kind of disturbing

PunkKitty

Horny bag of electric meat
I replaced the stock Celestion 10N-40 speaker in my Kustom Defender 15V with a Warehouse G10C. It sounds great. The G10C sounds more like a 12" than a 10". It's a very full sounding speaker that's similar to an Eminence Ragin' Cajun.

But after playing it for a while tonight, I noticed the smell of something burning. It smelled like insulation. I smelled it before but I was never able to isolate it. I turn that amp off and on so often that it never occurred to me before. To be safe I unplugged the amp.

If a problem develops that requires service, I think I'll have the amp rebuilt with a Fender Champ II circuit.

I saw nothing. I just vaguely smelled whatever was burning. I remember smelling it before I changed the speaker. I just couldn't isolate the smell.

consider it done.
I'm hoping to score a new monitor, mouse, & keyboard today, so I can have all my recording stuff upstairs (into the toy room), and my internet computer downstairs.
I've already moved everything that needs moving, just need the new gear to finish set-up.

so Isolate the Smell will be the first song in the new room :grin:

sadly, bossman never showed (so I'm drinking beer)
this means I was unable to secure new computer stuff.

that said, I can always lug the monitor upstairs...
I found an old keyboard that I'm pretty sure works, more or less, and a mouse, though it has no scroll wheel.
rather, there is one, but it's broken.

so, I'm start writing some lyrics shortly.
already got the intro riff worked out in me head.

I picked up a set of JJ's today to experiment with. The JJ's work well. And they don't smell. It was the stupid label that Groove Tubes puts on the tubes. I don't know why they bother. The tubes are stamped Sovtek. I'll never buy Groove Tubes again. Of course I wouldn't have bought them in the first place if I didn't get a matched quad set from Amazon a year ago for $25.

I picked up a set of JJ's today to experiment with. The JJ's work well. And they don't smell. It was the stupid label that Groove Tubes puts on the tubes. I don't know why they bother. The tubes are stamped Sovtek. I'll never buy Groove Tubes again. Of course I wouldn't have bought them in the first place if I didn't get a matched quad set from Amazon a year ago for $25.

Groove Tubes is only a matching service. They don't do anything else. They've got to let people know who they are somehow after the tube boxes have been thrown away. Hence the sticker. And the smell. Which has now been isolated.

I have to admit, it's kinda anti-climactic.

well, it ain't gonna change my fuckin' lyrics, I'll tell you what!

I worked hard on those!

and it didn't have nothin' to do with no sticker!

or did it?

Groove Tubes is only a matching service. They don't do anything else. They've got to let people know who they are somehow after the tube boxes have been thrown away. Hence the sticker. And the smell. Which has now been isolated.

I have to admit, it's kinda anti-climactic.
In this case, anti-climatic is good.

Back