That will get the kids' attention.

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Drug-Free South Announces Melanie Safka to speak at Event

I love Melanie's music, and she still sounds great, but her time ended in the '70s. I am sure 99% of the kids will have no clue who she is and will not be impressed by an aging hippie. Someone didn't think this through.
CroppedMaddys-woodstock-2012-portrait.JPG

My class just finished discussing prevention efforts and what does and doesn't work. I'll bring this up, beginning by asking how many know who she is. :wink:

Well, her name meant nothing at all to me until that stupid roller skate song was mentioned.

That is easily in my top 5 most hated songs ever.

She should be doing community service for life in atonement for that musical abomination.

Well, her name meant nothing at all to me until that stupid roller skate song was mentioned.

That is easily in my top 5 most hated songs ever.

She should be doing community service for life in atonement for that musical abomination.
It always saddens me that the roller skate song is the only song of hers that plays on oldies radio. It would be like the Beatles only being remembered for Yellow Submarine.

It always saddens me that the roller skate song is the only song of hers that plays on oldies radio. It would be like the Beatles only being remembered for Yellow Submarine.

It's all in the era of music bro :old:

A lot of the younger forumites mention bands and tunes not in my genre or interest.

Back