That time I almost sold my Mason.

ten56gibby

not a n00b anymore
I hope you guys remember Brian Mason and his masterfully assembled guitars. I've still got 2, but am looking to sell 'em both. Just don't play nearly as much anymore and want to jump start some other plans.
This was the first Mason I ever bought.
Neck - Warmoth standard profile, compound radius, neck heel truss rod adjust, graphtech nut, split Kluson tuners
Body - Allparts, Wilkinson bridge, compensated brass saddles, LP style jack
Controls - master volume, bridge tone, kill switch, LP style pickup switch
Pickups - BG P90, BG Rockwind single coil

It's been my number 1 for 6 yrs, so there are scratches and dents, but she's still a beauty :)

IMG_3135.JPG
e4eda14e7330e1a78be52df44c598519.jpg
100d9bbeb98d0a0aeb39ccae13de41a2.jpg
IMG_3138.JPG
ff018facd2ee8b189c4b5e07aa61af91.jpg
a4ecdfb56607c18bd96031250cf139ab.jpg
3ecdb4480a8080f7971fb65131677be1.jpg
34ae08e7455464508ea843a128aa84c5.jpg
4847fb7cef7196d8b7caf51b9ee1f27a.jpg
0786ce4a3a91da9eeb33fdc2d6ea6c20.jpg
16084b395a18d753726d312a5915208f.jpg
032b4390273eadde539187eef052d5c5.jpg
d4624b2cf1a275b7d8a6c2b91385b14a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is this this guitar?

It was a huge influence on me when I modded my CVC tele using BG pickups. In fact, I think I asked you a question via youtube and you were nice enough to answer. Nice guitar! Looks like you swapped out the rockwind bridge pickup, but the p90 is still in there.

Reactions: DFB
Is this this guitar?

It was a huge influence on me when I modded my CVC tele using BG pickups. In fact, I think I asked you a question via youtube and you were nice enough to answer. Nice guitar! Looks like you swapped out the rockwind bridge pickup, but the p90 is still in there.

Yup! Same guitar :) Thanks for mentioning the pickup - I realized I'd put the wrong pickup in my post. Lol. Still the rockwind in there. Thanks for the kind words about the YouTube vid!

I really appreciate the compliments on the guitar, guys :)

Yup! Same guitar :) Thanks for mentioning the pickup - I realized I'd put the wrong pickup in my post. Lol. Still the rockwind in there. Thanks for the kind words about the YouTube vid!

I really appreciate the compliments on the guitar, guys :)

I can only say that my CVC, that I modded with the same A3 Rockwind in the bridge, and the BG P90 in the neck, along with re-doing the wiring, has become my overall favorite guitar, particularly in terms of sound. I can only imagine what a nice Mason set up with those pickups would be like. Someone should hop on this one.

Brian still posts over at GAB. i don't think he is building guitars for sale anymore, only for himself.

this one looks amazing, good luck with the sale!!

Thanks, Sleewell!

Chaos reigns, man, but I'm doing better than most...:)

Are you still working with the band, or that girl guitar player? I'm not on facebook, so I haven't been able to keep track...

Glad you're doing well, man :)

Got out of band stuff a couple years ago and got a nice big boy job. Got a great girl, and now pursuing my other life's passion - halfway to my pilot's license :)

Is this this guitar?

I like how you edited the title. Wise decision, if I read it correctly. As you know, your guitar inspired my tele similarly, but not identically, equipped. And not a Mason. And I know it is a keeper.

I like how you edited the title. Wise decision, if I read it correctly. As you know, your guitar inspired my tele similarly, but not identically, equipped. And not a Mason. And I know it is a keeper.

I'm flattered it inspired you :) and yup, you read correctly. Can't bring myself to sell it.

Back