That Seedy Table In The Dark Corner Where The Reprobates Gather

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was puling for the 49ers too. Nothing against the Ravens, I like them too. They were my adopted post season team a few years back. Both team play football, not the boring pass, pass, pass game it has become. What's depressing is how soon the Packers were out of it, knowing how bad they make the Bears looks, when they play them.

Favorite commercial was from Volkswagen. Never herd Woody's voice. He is from Minnesota, so now that's what he sounds like in my brain.

My mother in law loves her Passat. Awesome car.

Ok, everybody picked up from airport, training gear loaded. I think we are all set for tech service skool tomorrow.

Except my partner's luggage didn't make the connection in Denver and we have materials in there. Supposed to be here on an 8 pm flight. We'll see.

EG is a traveling man.

Oars, I am still pretty sure I am going to buy this Latina coupe I have been leasing, but I was looking at used cars online, and I saw this 2005 Volvo S60. All of a sudden I am getting interested in Volvo. Go figure.

The thing is what I look for in a car has changed over the years. For the last few years MPG has been pretty important to me. One thing about Volvo's - unless you follow them - this 2005 S60 looks like a new Volvo. They seem to take a conservative approach to styling.

This was the actual cars I was looking at online. The black one is a 2006, the silver one a 2005.

29723978265.338062437.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=55422&endYear=2007&showcaseOwnerId=55236152&startYear=1981&makeCode1=VOLVO&sellerTypes=b&searchRadius=25&maxPrice=17000&showcaseListingId=337518257&mmt=%5BVOLVO%5B%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=338062437&Log=0

Attachments

• 26727966108.326679551.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg
    26727966108.326679551.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x377.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Morning all.

Watched the SB yesterday with my girlfriend and her friend, which followed with her going to the bar and calling us. Her friend has a REAL problem with alcohol. She has gotten 3 DWI's, doesn't have a license for a few more years, but my girlfriend insists that she's such a great friend and person, and she wants to make sure she doesn't get in trouble. She wouldn't leave with us at the end of the night, and was going to leave with a guy she knew, and go back to her house and 'cuddle'. How do you deal with alcoholics? How do you help them? Her parents obviously don't care. When she was in rehab, her dad even peed for her so she could pass her drug test. They even let her drink at home without saying a thing. I guess something bad has to happen for her to get it.

I had to get 2 dui's, a possession of marijuana, possession of paraphenalia, evading arrest, wreckless driving and driving on suspended before I got the message. The 2nd dui and driving on suspended happened 40 days after the first, with all the possession charges also coming with the first DUI. I kinda figured that I was on a fast train to doing a lot of nothing if I didnt change. as soon as I got out of the 48 hour hold for the second DUI I drove to the V.A. and checked into rehab. 13 1/2 years ago. I haven't had a drink or toke since. Still trying to quit the cigarettes.

Hey guys! a bit of news here:http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/showthread.php?44365-Some-small-policy-changes-here-on-MWGL

Just two things actually.

1. Help!I'maRock! made a humorous thread about this earlier but I would like to put guitar and music threads in the appropriate on-topic forums. I don't mind if they get started here in the Lounge if you want to make sure people see them but I (or the mods) will be moving them within a few hours to where they really belong. I like posting NGDs and whatnot here too but actual guitar threads should go in Guitars, recording threads in the recording forum, goat threads just get PM'd to EG etc....

:embarrassed:

2. In order to head off HC-level database degradation I'm going to limit longer threads to 1000 posts. The can be continued in a similarly named thread named "Funny Pic Thread Mk 2" or however you want to do it and we can make sure there is a forwarding link in the last post of the closed thread but it is recommended to vB forum admins to keep threads under 1000 posts. TGP does this and I've read on some of the admin forums I frequent that its just a good idea to keep the page loads faster...I think that the longer threads end up making the database work harder than it needs to and while this is still a small community on a dedicated server its not the most powerful server in the world and our traffic is up over 30% over last month already...I'd like to try and keep the place running as efficiently as I can on my limited IT experience. :)

I'd like to start you a new thread - you guys want to give it a new name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back