That Pedal Show – Strymon Mobius vs Classic Modulation Effects Pedals

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I love my Mobius, but they hit on the reason why I also keep my custom shop 1974 Phase 90 on my board too.

I didn't get past the EHX comparison. The Mobius gets the vibe, but doesn't nail it. It's overbearing, not wide enough, and needs to be dialed back. But it gets closer than anything else I've heard. So if you can spend your time tweaking, you'll get there.

I didn't get past the EHX comparison. The Mobius gets the vibe, but doesn't nail it. It's overbearing, not wide enough, and needs to be dialed back. But it gets closer than anything else I've heard. So if you can spend your time tweaking, you'll get there.
Honestly, it's more about having a "close enough" sound once or twice a night. The Phaser especially is kind of flat sounding and since thats a favorite sound of mine I use a good one in place of it. The rest of it is close enough for what I use it for.

Honestly, it's more about having a "close enough" sound once or twice a night. The Phaser especially is kind of flat sounding and since thats a favorite sound of mine I use a good one in place of it. The rest of it is close enough for what I use it for.

You and your damn practicality. :tongue:

Back