That Pedal Show – Klons, Archers, Tumnus, Soul Food & Klone. What Do We Think?

I saw a previous one to this and said, "I can get that sound with my Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver". And lo and behold, there it was.
I don't actually need this sound. And I hated the Soul Food but the Tumnus (as far as one can tell from a Youtube video with someone else's amp, guitar and hands) seems to fix some of what I didn't like about the Soul Food.

Also, I tried ordering a Keeley Katana Boost through KMC last month for my large rig and as usual they fucked up and I never got it.

I don't actually need this sound. And I hated the Soul Food but the Tumnus (as far as one can tell from a Youtube video with someone else's amp, guitar and hands) seems to fix some of what I didn't like about the Soul Food.

If your only experience with a Klon type pedal is the Soul Food, no wonder you hate it. I have tried 4 Klon type pedals and the Soul Food was by far the worst sounding. I still like the Pedal Monsters one the best.

I am happy with my BYOC Silver Pony!!!

Tried the KLON before and I dug it. Not so much to "Pony" up that kind of money people are asking for today. I had not desire for the Soul Food and as for the Tumnus, I would have gone that road but already had the BYOC.

I'm done. They have fucked up every order this year. They actually broke a Mono M80 bass bag in half cramming it into a half sized box and it took them three shipments to actually send me the correct and unbroken case. THEY BROKE A FUCKING GIG BAG.

:messedup:

I wound up going with the Lovepedal Kalamazoo after trying several Klones, and I haven't looked back. It can get all those low-gain transparent sounds, but the gain structure is quite different, so it can really crank at higher settings. Harder clipping or something I guess. To me, it's almost like a lower-gain Red Llama, though I have no idea if there are any similarities in the circuit.

I wound up going with the Lovepedal Kalamazoo after trying several Klones, and I haven't looked back. It can get all those low-gain transparent sounds, but the gain structure is quite different, so it can really crank at higher settings. Harder clipping or something I guess. To me, it's almost like a lower-gain Red Llama, though I have no idea if there are any similarities in the circuit.

The most basic, and somewhat misleading description of the Klon is a heavily modded tubescreamer that runs at a higher voltage and incorporates a clean blend. The Llama is a CMOS distortion based on the Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz. The only thing they have in common is they are both dirt pedals.

The most basic, and somewhat misleading description of the Klon is a heavily modded tubescreamer that runs at a higher voltage and incorporates a clean blend. The Llama is a CMOS distortion based on the Anderton Tube Sound Fuzz. The only thing they have in common is they are both dirt pedals.
oh, I meant the Kalamazoo...

Back