That moment you TRULY know you're old.

I saw Aerosmith right after they got back together in Providence, RI....and it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen.
They were fucking terrible.

The Done With Mirrors tour in '85 or '86? That remains the worst show I've ever seen.

Well you don't really have to. You could be one of those guys with the wayward 3 inch eyebrow hair. That's a good look. :thu:

1.eyebrows.jpg

dune-dourif.jpg

Ha ha, that reminds me of the time several years ago when my daughter was about his age. She had an assignment to find out what was popular when her parents were kids. I pulled out my original vinyl copy of Physical Graffiti to put on the turntable. She looked at one side, then the other and asked, "How do you know which side goes up?". Classic.

Damn that's a really cool homework idea. STOLEN :embarrassed:

Speaking of which, I just had to chime in to this one:

Last year I was taking a lesson on primary sources, secondary sources, historical artefacts etc...

I was making the point that as technology advances and we move through the ages, technology becomes obsolete and even the newest iPads will appear to kids in future classrooms like they think of a quill and pen.

I then tried to show how quickly things could become obsolete by talking about how music media went from cassettes to MP3s in around 20 years at which point I had 30 kids stick their hand up and ask what a cassette is. :)

Even after explaining and then drawing it out on the board I had to hit up google images until they got it.

Even VHS videos are "oh yeah I remember we had one of those when I was a baby" now and they lasted considerably longer than cassettes.

back when the movie "armageddon" was out, 1998.....one of my co-workers told me that his 16 yo daughter came home from school and announced that "you gotta hear this great new band......they're called AEROSMITH" :facepalm:

Just in case you weren't feeling old already, that 16 year old girl is 32 now.

Reactions: Tig
Hmm, when your firstborn enters COLLEGE?

Or maybe when your surgeon/ENT tells you that you have throat cancer as a result of hanging out in and playing bars for the last 30 years, EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T SMOKE.

I know I'm too old to be a new dad when I rock my baby to sleep, but them my joints creak and crack so much as I'm setting him in the basinet that it wakes him up.

I was talking to my Stepdad last night. He was telling me about all his aches and pains. He said "My knee hurts, my hip hurts, my back hurts and my shoulder hurts. The only thing on me that doesn't hurt is my dick, cuz it's dead."

Reactions: Tig
When I have to teach kids in their twenties what my generation learned as pre-teens and usually from a set of caring parents, the gulf is aging in and of itself.

Back