That moment you TRULY know you're old.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
1797516_10152444530632425_9145953261809493083_n.jpg

When your kid sees a cassette tape for the first time and doesn't understand what it is.

We interviewed a potential baby sitter last week. 16 years old... She had never heard of Mötley Crüe.

The high school kid at the gym that had no clue Marky Mark was a rapper.

When I heard Smells Luke Teen Spirit on classic rock radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

back when the movie "armageddon" was out, 1998.....one of my co-workers told me that his 16 yo daughter came home from school and announced that "you gotta hear this great new band......they're called AEROSMITH" :facepalm:

back when the movie "armageddon" was out, 1998.....one of my co-workers told me that his 16 yo daughter came home from school and announced that "you gotta hear this great new band......they're called AEROSMITH" :facepalm:

that always kills me.... it's like there were two different Aerosmiths.... :facepalm:

Had to get a new military installation pass for work. While updating the lady working the computer says "Okay, so your weight is down, eye color is of course the same, ....... but your hair,.... I see more gray now then black". And changed me up to officially old.

Sure there were, there was the 70's hard boozin' Aerosmith, and then the 90's and later, sober Aerosmith.

I'm not saying you should be fucked up out of your mind or anything....BUT.....I saw Aerosmith right after they got back together in Providence, RI....and it was one of the worst shows I have ever seen.
They were fucking terrible.

When your kid sees a cassette tape for the first time and doesn't understand what it is.

Ha ha, that reminds me of the time several years ago when my daughter was about his age. She had an assignment to find out what was popular when her parents were kids. I pulled out my original vinyl copy of Physical Graffiti to put on the turntable. She looked at one side, then the other and asked, "How do you know which side goes up?". Classic.

Let him take it apart. That and a tape deck. He'll figure it out.

Reminds me of a night out cruising in my '70 Impala. I was riding along about 45mph or so when I noticed something long and thin kinda flickering in front of the windshield. Then it wrapped around the antenna on the fender and started piling up on the windshield so much I tried using the wipers to get it off. Some guy 2 cars ahead had chucked a cassette out his window, it must've broken open and snarled on the car in front of me, then all over mine. Those things could hold a lot of tape!

Back