Thanksgiving menus

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
I love turkey n’ gravy n’ stuffing, but this year I’m going to mix it up.

• Prime rib
  • Twice-baked potatoes
  • Green beans
  • Ice cream
I was born a rebel, one foot on the pedal, etc.

Low carb here, so I’ll probably be sticking with turkey, gravy, vegetables and salad for dinner. I always make a cheesecake and a couple of pies, so I’ll be saving my carb rations for those. And of course, we’ll start with a nouveau Beaujolais and work our way up from there (we do Thanksgiving in Santa Clara, so Sonoma zinfandels get a lot of play.). Nothing like a five or six-year old bottle of zin from 120 year-old vines with turkey!

I have a Quorn brand imitation Turkey i bought and will also make vegetarian stuffing to take to the family get-together. They will have all the traditional stuff, I suppose.

Going basic.
Turkey,mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce. sweet potatoes, gravy.

I don’t celebrate thanksgiving
But I will be wearing this shirt
C33E9582-3652-46EA-80EF-CA7F117EEDEB.jpeg

But I’ll making Prime Rib for my girls

Always traditional at our house - turkey, stuffing (going with a sausage stuffing this year), mashed potatoes, sweet potato thing, and some other sides. My wife is from Cuba so we do a traditional Gringo Thanksgiving and Cuban Christmas. I make both because I love to cook and love to have my house full of people and smelling like food. We are usually right around 20 people and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cooking for 20

Turkey
Ham
Baked beans (from scratch not from cans)
stuffing with sausage
Stuffing without sausage
Mashed potatoes
Meatballs and sausage
Macaroni and Cheese
Brusell sprouts with bacon
Creamed corn
Cranberries
Cauliflower soup

Fortunately, my aunt, who lives in fucking New Jersey, will be out of town this year. We're staying home in our pajamas and having pizza and burgers. :grin:
Will you be having pineapple on your pizza or on your burger?

03242014-286805-pineapples-on-burgers.jpg

Aw, never mind. You're not going to Jersey after all.

Traditional fare at our house.
Last time we hosted, I spatchcocked and smoked the turkey. It was great, but it didn't taste like Thanksgiving. So we're doing it the regular way this time.
Also doing sourdough stuffing, mashed taters, cranberry sauce (jellied stuff in the can), sweet taters au gratin, green beans w/ almond slivers, gravy.
And Michter's Rye Whiskey.

Back