Dig it! Thanks D'Addario! You guys ROCK!

OGG

Master of the Meh
The good folks at D'Addario were fantastic about promptly and generously addressing my issue with the .009s that were coming apart at the wraps. Excellent customer service from beginning to end. I just had to give them a shout out, they went above and beyond.

I just got a BIG box on my doorstep.

DADarrio.jpg

I'm good to go with strings for a while.

And then some.

Awesome.

i'm glad they took care of you......but what good is a case of strings that keep unwrapping?

They were VERY confident that it was the result of a machine malfunction and was limited to a small batch. Sounds legit.

I've been using them for over 30 years and never had a problem until I got halfway through that ten-pack. I am sure that the new strings they sent me will be just fine.

Awesome. I'm glad they fixed things for you. I've always liked them as a company. I remember the time they sent me a couple of beer glasses, which I still have, when I wrote them and asked why they discontinued this from their points system. I just wrote and asked if they were planning on brining back the beer glasses, and they up and sent me two, for no string coupon points. Plus a couple of packs of strings, stickers, and picks. I use strings from other companies on some instruments, but I use a lot of their stuff because they are cool.

Another example of their cool factor is the time their steinberger strings were clearly out of calibration, and they worked with the tiny steinberger community to send out test sets to get things right.

Last edited:
Also, I'm looking forward to the thread where you kill a certain Fiat general manager with a D'addario lower E string as a garrote.
My dealings with that particular establishment have been concluded. The competing dealership that stepped up and made the car right will get all of my future business. They were very gracious and did a fantastic job. The car is perfect now. I am once again completely enamored by that quirky little Italian terror.

As for the offending dealer, I worked them over pretty thoroughly. I think they will be reevaluating their business practices a bit. I could have hammered them much harder, but I settled on a fair resolution that put the whole thing to bed without need for further hassle.

It cost them a pretty good chunk of change. I can't say exactly how much, but I can tell you that is was somewhere between $7,490 and $7,510. That's just the cash portion. They also got heavily dinged by FCA for their failings.

When all is said and done, selling me that car cost them dearly. Moral of the story: Don't be a dick.

Cash is the only thing that matters to D-bags like that, so it is good that you stuck it to them.

Ok, but there's a massive pink elephant in the room. How can you retain any sense of masculine masculinity or dignified dignity with us knowing that you use 9s?

The A list of light stringers is strong.
Gibbons
Beck
Page
EVH

What was your point again? Stop trying to cop Stevies tone and play what works for you.

Personally I stick with 9-10's depending on the guitar because I lack the refined touch to keep from going wildly out of tune when chording.

The A list of light stringers is strong.
Gibbons
Beck
Page
EVH

What was your point again? Stop trying to cop Stevies tone and play what works for you.

Personally I stick with 9-10's depending on the guitar because I lack the refined touch to keep from going wildly out of tune when chording.

...And Ty Tabor. Thank you for playing.

Ok, but there's a massive pink elephant in the room. How can you retain any sense of masculine masculinity or dignified dignity with us knowing that you use 9s?
Well Mr. Smartypants, I'll tell you.

You see, when I was but a wee lad of 13, I took my Suzuki RM125 out for a ride at the nearby "track" that was out in the boonies about a mile from my house. Being an asshole kid, I rode it on the streets to get there. At a blind intersection between the dirt road I was on, and a paved road with no stop or yield signs (uncontrolled intersection), I had just crossed onto the pavement when I was hit by a lifted Chevy 4x4 Stepside truck that the cops estimated was traveling at approximately 75 MPH. I was only doing 15-20. After crushing my left leg, I went through the windshield head/hands first before being flipped onto the roof of the truck and eventually onto the ground.

Among my 47 bone fractures, were ALL of my fingers on BOTH hands. Some in multiple places. My right middle finger was nearly detached.

It hurt.

My hands (along with several other joints) never fully recovered. I ended up getting severe arthritis in my hands that requires getting steroid injections every 3 months, if I don't get them, my thumbs in particular are useless.

So, as a result, I have general weakness in both hands, and a good deal of dexterity loss that makes playing guitar at all, a major challenge. I use 9s on most of my guitars, because I quite literally can't manage any higher gauges at standard tuning. For my Eb tuned guitars, I use 10s.

I hope that answers your question well enough. If you'd like to discuss some if my other horrific injuries that came with lifelong consequences, by all means, don't be afraid to ask.

I also love having to explain how I manage to talk/sing after smashing my face through a steering wheel when I was 16, and ripped my 5 front upper teeth out while still attached to the bone, effectively bisecting my upper pallete and having to undergo several major reconstructive surgeries just to be able to have a partial bridge of fake teeth.

Good times.

Well Mr. Smartypants, I'll tell you.

You see, when I was but a wee lad of 13, I took my Suzuki RM125 out for a ride at the nearby "track" that was out in the boonies about a mile from my house. Being an asshole kid, I rode it on the streets to get there. At a blind intersection between the dirt road I was on, and a paved road with no stop or yield signs (uncontrolled intersection), I had just crossed onto the pavement when I was hit by a lifted Chevy 4x4 Stepside truck that the cops estimated was traveling at approximately 75 MPH. I was only doing 15-20. After crushing my left leg, I went through the windshield head/hands first before being flipped onto the roof of the truck and eventually onto the ground.

Among my 47 bone fractures, were ALL of my fingers on BOTH hands. Some in multiple places. My right middle finger was nearly detached.

It hurt.

My hands (along with several other joints) never fully recovered. I ended up getting severe arthritis in my hands that requires getting steroid injections every 3 months, if I don't get them, my thumbs in particular are useless.

So, as a result, I have general weakness in both hands, and a good deal of dexterity loss that makes playing guitar at all, a major challenge. I use 9s on most of my guitars, because I quite literally can't manage any higher gauges at standard tuning. For my Eb tuned guitars, I use 10s.

I hope that answers your question well enough. If you'd like to discuss some if my other horrific injuries that came with lifelong consequences, by all means, don't be afraid to ask.

I also love having to explain how I manage to talk/sing after smashing my face through a steering wheel when I was 16, and ripped my 5 front upper teeth out while still attached to the bone, effectively bisecting my upper pallete and having to undergo several major reconstructive surgeries just to be able to have a partial bridge of fake teeth.

Good times.

You really know how to clear a room, don't you.

Back