Teye T-Series Scallywag Korina

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/teye-t-series-scallywag-korina/

Teye-Scallywag-Korina-1.jpg

This Teye T-Series Scallywag features the beautiful Korina body and neck with a detailed skull, pistol & dagger engraved through the distressed faceplate. The Scallywag comes standard with a bound fretboard, Shipwreck finish and a DiMarzio Tone Zone modded by Teye to work with proprietary Mood circuitry.

This one-pickup “Scallywag” is a veritable Rock & Roll machine. Amazing are the super-rich and powerful tones when the Mood-knob is on ’10′ (or ’11′) and you work only the Volume and Tone knobs. Then when you turn the Mood knob down, there opens up an entirely new rainbow of sound… Swampy Louisiana blues tones, to Tele-twang, to stinging “Once-upon-a-time-in-the-West” flavor…

Teye-Scallywag-Korina-935.jpg

• Faceplate: Distressed Aluminum
  • Body: Korina
  • Neck: Korina
  • Fretboard: Bound Ebony with 24 Frets & Teye Inlay
  • Tuners: Grover Imperial Super-Rotomatics
  • Pickup: DiMarzio Tone Zone
  • Electronics: Teye’s Proprietary Circuitry, with Master Volume, Tone, & Mood-Knobs
  • Finish: Shipwreck
  • Finish Type: Hand-Rubbed Luthier Oil
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • New Teye S/T Hardshell Case Included
  • Thru-and-Thru Engraved Body & Truss Cover Plates (Distressed)
  • All-Hand-Made in Austin Texas
$4425.00 + shipping

As much as I want to hate it (and I do), it's kinda cool, in an antique, vomit inducing sort of way...

I want to like it for some reason but don't.

I think it reminds me of one of those cheap replica pirate pistols from my childhood back when they were actually made of wood and cheap pot metal.

You always managed to find builders I like but post my least favorite examples of their work :wink:

I do love these

EG-G-Llamaslant.jpg

Back