Temptation

Or that they can't break into the market?
Literally?

maxresdefault.jpg

I just don’t know. Yamaha drums and basses and keyboards are already in every general instrument store in the USA. But for some reason the guitars almost never turn up, and when they do it’s always the sub-$200 models. I just don’t understand how there can be so many shitty guitars on the walls of so many stores but if you want a nice Pacifica or SG you might have to import it from Japan or Europe.

Yup - for whatever reason, Yamaha has just never dented the electric guitar market here. Even much of their lower-end stuff has been quality, but it just never seems to sell vs. everybody else. Acoustics? Yes. Basses? To an extent. Guitars? Nope.

I gotta stop looking at this thread, though...:facepalm:

I don't know that I've ever played a bad Yamaha. Even their entry level stuff is consistently good.

Oh absolutely. I am a big proponent of the P90 neck/Hummer bridge combo, and the demo video I saw of this guitar a couple of years ago did nothing to dissuade me.

That is gorgeous. I don’t understand why Yamaha can’t get its guitars into US stores.

I really don't know either but I suspect that they don't see the point in spending big bucks trying to overcome our prejudices when they're so busy selling thousands upon thousands of guitars to the rest of the world.

Back