Tell me why I should not get a Big Muff.

He said shipping would come out to 98. Still a good deal?
tn

I went through the spam thread again and found a Way Huge Swollen Pickle for 85, and Earthquaker Dream Crusher for 105. :embarrassed: I believe I have seen some posts about the Pickle on here, and the Dream Crusher sounds pretty good from this:

Also, thanks for the advice so far, I know I don't sound like I know what I want, cause I really don't. :lol:

Son has this on-going joke about, the pony. Anyways Earthquaker makes the Hoof, so I sked him if he was interested. He liked another fuzz they make, but I don't remember the name, it's not the Hoof. Hope this post was helpful. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how the hoof sounds quite a bit, but it's a bit too much. And using a pedal that expense for amps that cost $100 or less doesn't seem right :embarrassed: I may just hold off and see if I can find some good deal about, if I get one at a nice price I won't worry so much about if I like it, since I could just flip it anyway.

I like how the hoof sounds quite a bit, but it's a bit too much. And using a pedal that expense for amps that cost $100 or less doesn't seem right :embarrassed: I may just hold off and see if I can find some good deal about, if I get one at a nice price I won't worry so much about if I like it, since I could just flip it anyway.

i think i have a Dano Fab Metal around here somewhere...

I loves me some good, but cheap guitars, and amps. Some exceptions, but as a general rule, with pedals you gotta spend the cash.

Yeah, i'll probably keep an eye out on the spam and deals thread on HC, if one comes at a nice price ill get it, that way if it turns out I don't like it, I won't lose much/any money on it.

I've been considering the Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker, or this...

Black Arts Toneworks Pharaoh Fuzz

5910358194_b32fed2109_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Big Muff w/tone wicker. For $100 I couldn't say no. Plus I had a Pi and lost it to sweeten a trade a few year ago. I pretty much have it always with the wicker ON and the tone OFF. Sound absolutely astounding with an OD after it, I use a TS9....for now. :)

My STRONG recommendation is an MJM Foxey Fuzz. They're harder to find, but I've yet to hear a better Fuzz Pi clone out there. Lush tone and great articulation. You can push this thing hard and still hear every note of the chord. I prefer to set mine less than half way for that old Clapton Cream sound.

I love my Big Muff w/tone wicker. For $100 I couldn't say no. Plus I had a Pi and lost it to sweeten a trade a few year ago. I pretty much have it always with the wicker ON and the tone OFF. Sound absolutely astounding with an OD after it:)

Bought one last week after much searching. It is perfect for my needs.

Back