Telecaster in open G

Thats pretty cool. Now I feel like I need to set something up in open G.

I'd been hesitant to do it because when I'm set up in open G pretty much everything I play turns into Tumbling Dice. But instead of fighting it I decided to embrace the Keef-ness of it all and see where the tuning led me.

I'd been hesitant to do it because when I'm set up in open G pretty much everything I play turns into Tumbling Dice. But instead of fighting it I decided to embrace the Keef-ness of it all and see where the tuning led me.
it did sound pretty cool. worth it :)

RAWK!

I tried to jam on my brother's tele during the holidays. He had it set up Keef style with only 5 strings, and I couldn't play the damn thing. The missing string really messed up my feel for the fretboard.

RAWK!

I tried to jam on my brother's tele during the holidays. He had it set up Keef style with only 5 strings, and I couldn't play the damn thing. The missing string really messed up my feel for the fretboard.

I left the low E on (tuned to D) and was careful with my picking hand.

I normally have a guitar tuned to open G so that, whenever I feel like it, I can grab it and crank out "Gimme Shelter"! :thu:

Tumbling Dice !! LOL!!! I can hear it, but it ain't a bad thing. I haven't thought about that song in a long while. Made me smirk.

Back