Gig Report: Tears For Fears & Alice Cooper

sonik

Motor City Madman
Not together, though that would be pretty cool.

Tears tonight, and then AC Sunday night.

Looking like a banger of a weekend :thu:

Duty free beer & liquor doesn't hurt either.

alice.gif

Hell yeah...I saw Alice when he opened for Motley Crue....he blew them out of the water.
I was surprised at how many hits he had....I knew all of his songs except a couple.

I saw Tears for Fears back when Shout and Everybody Wants to Rule the World were out, and it was a fantastic show. I'd see them again, for sure. I don't mind Alice Cooper, but wouldn't go to a live show, though I am sure it is quite a show.

Sounds like a great weekend, enjoy! I've never seen a bad Alice Cooper show. His band is absolutely killer and the whole thing is a lot of fun.

I'd love to see Tears for Fears.

Tears For Fears is one criminally overlooked band imo. Seriously good pop.
Couldn't agree more. The growth that their songwriting and musicianship (both Roland and Curt) has maintained since their hey day is phenomenal. Roland Orzabal is a seriously bad mofo. The "Raoul and the Kings of Spain" album should be required listening.

Alice is still freaking awesome - have seen him 3 times in the last 3 years. His touring band is outstanding.

I saw Tears for Fears back in the 80s, would see them again in a heartbeat were they nearby.

That would actually be a great double bill. Remember when promoters tried to book acts that weren't a lot alike?

I have returned from the Coop!

Incredible show. Band was on fire, and everything went seemingly perfect. Excellent sound and a surprising amount of separation considering there are 3 guitarists killin it full time. They played off each other really well constantly trading lead lines and such. Seriously impressive. Nita Strauss is indeed a monster player and she made everything look easy. During her little solo spot she even played the harmonized intro riff to When Doves Cry. I doubt many people noticed, but I thought it was very cool.

The stage theatrics and what not were great and made it one of the most entertaining shows I've ever been to. I've seen AC before when I was a teenager, but it was outside with crappy sound and still light, so it wasn't very memorable. This was a much better show 15 years later! And AC had the energy of a man half his age.

The setlist was about as good as could be expected, and the 3 song tribute section rocked.

Honestly I think most people who can handle loud music would find something to enjoy at once of his shows.

Setlist:

1. Vincent Price Intro
  2. The Black Widow
  3. No More Mr. Nice Guy
  4. Under My Wheels
  5. Public Animal #9
  6. Billion Dollar Babies
  7. Long Way to Go
  8. Is It My Body
  9. The World Needs Guts
  10. Woman of Mass Distraction
  11. Poison